Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obamacare: Is having an insurance policy enough, or do I still need to sign into the affordable care website?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
If I already have insurance, is having a policy enough (issued through work), or do I still need to sign in to the obamacare website to state that I already have insurance? I was told if I already have health insurance (mine from Blue Cross Blue Shield) that I don't have to sign into the website, that the govt will already know. Is this true?

Thanks in advance
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

i have no clue..

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you're fine. We don't even have insurance right now. I hate it.
Ladyisis
by Jenn on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are fine! They only ones that are supposed to sign up are those that don't have insurance.

harmony7
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

If you have insurance and it has not been canceled you are good to go...if you are like me self employed and no insurance you are so so SCREWED....

I am suppose to guess what my year end final totals will be. No way to do that....not only do I not have a magic ball to  tell me who will decide to purchase but I also have to figure my deductibles and business related expenses to get a good idea as to what my income will settle at....the government website help person told me to just pick a number and adjust it  and then next year  I would owe the difference...uh NO....

I have three adopted children one who is in an institution for mental illness to the tune of 10K a month...he has insurance through the state as part of his adoption package...no one can tell me if I sign up if the kids will lose this coverage...I cant chance that I cant pay huge deductibles and a co pay for his specialized therapy and aid...

They told me my twenty year old college student  was best for him to find a policy on his own (got to have those kids paying in) and not add him to a family policy...he is in school on scholarship and has to work Hard to keep his grades up plus works part time, he cant afford to pay for his own insurance...my 18 year old who works part time...told me the same thing for him, have him buy his own...he is a bagger at a grocery for petes sake and goes to school as well...

( five kids still at home )

Just deliver me from this Mess....

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are fine

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

You are fine. Don't sign in...lots of secuity problems that have not been fixed, so you're taking the chance of having a big problem. We just went to a seminar through our insurance company-thank God we haven't been cancelled yet, so we're good for now. But a lot of doctors in the area are taking early retirement, including my dentist and eye doctor, my primary care doctor said he will decide soon. It's a big mess.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My insurance wasn't canceled and they sent me a letter saying everything will remain the same just renewal time

Quoting Madelaine:

I think you are fine

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

We had the same situation and just renewed it like usual and never went on the website

Quoting Apr1l: My insurance wasn't canceled and they sent me a letter saying everything will remain the same just renewal time

Quoting Madelaine:

I think you are fine

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes..I wouldn't want to go to that site and risk losing my private information..

Quoting Madelaine:

We had the same situation and just renewed it like usual and never went on the website

Quoting Apr1l: My insurance wasn't canceled and they sent me a letter saying everything will remain the same just renewal time

Quoting Madelaine:

I think you are fine

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry I have no idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)