Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you get dh?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 64 Replies
3 moms liked this
I know that a lot of us struggle with what to get the men in our lives. I managed to find quite a few gifts for my dh, but there is one that I am VERY excited about. I am giving him a year of dates.

For those of you who have not heard of it, the general idea is that you pre-plan, prepay, and generally prep a year worth of dates. One a month. And you give it some nice wrapping, and TADA! Each month he opens one envelope or however you set it up, and you guys put that date on the calendar. It can be as inexpensive or a pricey as you like.

I went and got all of the gift cards, small trinkets, and supplies that I will need. Can't wait to put it all together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this
That's an awesome idea!!

I made my husband a chalkboard for his home brew kegs. He'll be able to display whatever is currently on tap. Simple, but it was unique and honestly we don't usually exchange gifts at all. :-)
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I got an awesome mirror and wanted to turn it into a chalkboard, but I couldn't get the sticker gunk off :(

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: That's an awesome idea!!

I made my husband a chalkboard for his home brew kegs. He'll be able to display whatever is currently on tap. Simple, but it was unique and honestly we don't usually exchange gifts at all. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
TTry a little bit of oil...vegetable,almond,coconut,whatever you have. Rub it in and let it set for a few minutes and the stickey stuff should come off. Repeat if needed.
Quoting Rain2Rinse: I got an awesome mirror and wanted to turn it into a chalkboard, but I couldn't get the sticker gunk off :(

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Great Idea.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I used an old cabinet door. It was the perfect shape. I almost rubbed my thumb off sanding it down, but I was happy with the results. :-)

Quoting Rain2Rinse: I got an awesome mirror and wanted to turn it into a chalkboard, but I couldn't get the sticker gunk off :(

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM

we don't buy for eachother, though the kids combo gift is a Wii U and he will love it!!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
What an awesome idea! He got his new blue ray player which he already has hooked up cuz he couldnt wait to check out all the extra things it did. The video game he really wanted, a few movies, new piping bag, wool socks, a nice pen & superman travel mug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

i got dh the 1st hunger games dvd, under shirts, and jammie pants

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Thanks
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Sounds awesome. Pictures?

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I used an old cabinet door. It was the perfect shape. I almost rubbed my thumb off sanding it down, but I was happy with the results. :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)