Group Home

I am woman, hear me ROAR!

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 43 Replies
2 moms liked this

LOL no this is not a katy perry song! I have been messing with my sink for the past 3 days... It was clogged, and I could not wash dishes.. I did 2 runs of baking soda and vinegar... Didnt help... Poured some liquid plummer down it... Nope! So when the water finally went down, I had to fill the sink up, and then put a dish pan in the other side to rinse my dishes.. Then dump... It took forever... I didnt even get them all done either. So I had a mix of dishes for the past three days sitting around... I was going INSANE! 

Well today I decided to bust out the big guns.. well not really, I ran the water for a second, let it back up a bit.. I got the plunger and started plunging.. OMG laides, what came up was well... YUCK! So Ran to the store, got some Drano max strength Gel.. Poured the whole bottle down there and let it sit an hour. Ran hot water down it.. NOthing still... Plunged some more. added more boiling water... then nothing... I got mad and sat down.. well I all the sudden heard the water finally Drain all the way down! YES! All of my dishes are DONE.. and I am able to clean the kitchen counter area again.. Finally some order!

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

you go girl:)

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

LOl thanks! It was driving me insane, and NO one else was lifting a finger to do anything about it! It has put a damper on my holiday baking.. No way to clean them, no room LOL... Now I can get to baking tomorrow.

Quoting mamivon2:

you go girl:)

proudmommy690
by Christa on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

You go momma!! Yay for the sink being fixed!!

Kathy112761
by Kathy on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Way to go Alicia, I'm the same way, if some thing isn't working right, I'll say something to DH and it sits and sits until I can't take it anymore and I finally just figure it out my self.  Which I'm about ready to do soon with the bathroom faucet it's dripping and we need a new one. But Dh is going to keep putting it off until the water bill is so high, it's slowly been going up. I may tackle it myself one day soon.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Good job! And I know exactly what you mean! I deal with that at work. It is such a pain to have to wait for the water to go down and have dishes every where. I've gotten really good at plunging. And there is something called liquid fire we use when it gets really bad.
momkaribg
by Kari on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This is why I am glad my Father in law is a plumber lol
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Good for you!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM

way to go mama!!!

wandep
by Pam on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Yay!

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690