Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am disgusted and sad...

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 31 Replies

Both my sons went to visit my grandson at Foster Care today. This is the first time my youngest has seen his nephew. They drove 2 hours to spend two hours with him. They are on their way back home now.

Dil and I went last Thursday. We can go once a week and we do.

Sd (baby's mom) can go twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, The state even provides transportation. She didn't show last Thursday or today. They were closed on Christmas eve and will be close New Years eve. It will be more than 2 weeks since she has seen her son. This has been ongoing. She visits him less than 1/2 the time she actually can.

I can't wait until he is living with ds and dil. They will eventually adopt him.

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Thats horrible...poor kid. But at least he will have your ds and dil way better than his mom. I cant wait til he comes home to yall :) Do you know how long it could be? The foster care people are keeping record of who comes and visits (and who doesnt) so it will be a plus for yall.
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting proudmommy690: Thats horrible...poor kid. But at least he will have your ds and dil way better than his mom. I cant wait til he comes home to yall :) Do you know how long it could be? The foster care people are keeping record of who comes and visits (and who doesnt) so it will be a plus for yall.

Foster care is keeping track. They have even called us when they can't get hold of her. Also, her visit is the hour before ours. Since she has not been using them regularly, they have allowed us to use hers, so we get 2 hours instead of just an hour.

Hopefully he will be with ds and dil by the end of January. WV got the paperwork last week and acceted it. They have 20 business days to finish the investigation and home study on ds and dil. Foster care did say though as soon as they get the criminal and CPS background check on ds and dil we could have longer visits and unsupervised, so we can take him somewhere without being watched. The workers are really being nice to ds, dil, dh & I.

It is all just so frustrating. Their is always a reason dsd isn't there and it is never he fault...according to her.  I just can't believe she isn't going. We are blowing through about $250-$300 a month in gas and parking. It costs her nothing...and she still can't make it.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Woohoo very soon!! Thats great they are giving yall the extra hour! Its pathetic of her to do that.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting proudmommy690: Thats horrible...poor kid. But at least he will have your ds and dil way better than his mom. I cant wait til he comes home to yall :) Do you know how long it could be? The foster care people are keeping record of who comes and visits (and who doesnt) so it will be a plus for yall.

Foster care is keeping track. They have even called us when they can't get hold of her. Also, her visit is the hour before ours. Since she has not been using them regularly, they have allowed us to use hers, so we get 2 hours instead of just an hour.

Hopefully he will be with ds and dil by the end of January. WV got the paperwork last week and acceted it. They have 20 business days to finish the investigation and home study on ds and dil. Foster care did say though as soon as they get the criminal and CPS background check on ds and dil we could have longer visits and unsupervised, so we can take him somewhere without being watched. The workers are really being nice to ds, dil, dh & I.

It is all just so frustrating. Their is always a reason dsd isn't there and it is never he fault...according to her.  I just can't believe she isn't going. We are blowing through about $250-$300 a month in gas and parking. It costs her nothing...and she still can't make it.

KW1280
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Hang in there it is worth it!!!!! If you need any info or advice, let me know. The adoption process is long and if it is an ICPC adoptions it can be up to 2 years.
ausomezombie2.0
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

((hugs)) its great that baby has all of you! its really sad about the mom though :(

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Quoting KW1280: Hang in there it is worth it!!!!! If you need any info or advice, let me know. The adoption process is long and if it is an ICPC adoptions it can be up to 2 years.

Yes! We have a Title 7 ICPC since grandson is so young. The ICPC is only for the kinship care plan. After that, ds and dil have to become full licensed foster parents. This way the state will handle the adoption. We were made aware it could take a couple years. Most important to us right now is just getting him with family.

KW1280
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Ours took 6 months because it was an emergency. Plus we were already foster parents. We had him since birth. I can't go into details but I am so glad he is here.

Do you get all your grandma kisses in?

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting KW1280: Hang in there it is worth it!!!!! If you need any info or advice, let me know. The adoption process is long and if it is an ICPC adoptions it can be up to 2 years.

Yes! We have a Title 7 ICPC since grandson is so young. The ICPC is only for the kinship care plan. After that, ds and dil have to become full licensed foster parents. This way the state will handle the adoption. We were made aware it could take a couple years. Most important to us right now is just getting him with family.

KW1280
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
He can be placed w/ your son and DIL while they too through training right? Different states different rules

Quoting mrswillie:

sondamom0828
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

If you don't mind me asking, why is he in foster care (new to group)?  Good luck on the adoption and hope it happens quickly! 

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

that's so sad =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN