Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter You: New Year, New You!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

OK, it's that time again. Time to shove all the bad things that happened in 2013 out the back door and forget them; time to look ahead and get excited for new things; time to think about what you really want in life and how to make that happen, so you can be happier and healthier; time to reassess what you value most and what truly does not matter.

Again and again I have read that feeling confident is one of the best ways to changing the way a person looks, feels, and is perceived, for the better. When people feel confident in themselves, they are happier, stronger, more capable and secure. So I'm thinking, no matter what your New Year's goals might be, that giving yourself a big boost of self-confidence will only help in every way.

An easy way to boost your self confidence is to review for a few minutes, even write down, all that you have that you are proud of in your life: your family, your kids, your friends and relationships that matter, your home, your health, past accomplishments, jobs, etc. Think about hurdles in your life, major difficulties (we've all had them!) and remind yourself how you overcame them, either with help or all on your own. Be proud of all of that. Gain strength and confidence from it all. And use this boost to enjoy a greater sense of self worth, happiness and fulfillment to help you look and feel better and stronger than before, this New Year.

How do you gain self-confidence and pep yourself up for the year ahead?

© iStockphoto.com/ginosphotos  

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Pam on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, mine goes back to meeting my goal weight. I have trouble in that department with the self confidence. Loosing weight is slowly helping me gain it back. :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM
If I could give the high five sweet pea here, I totally would. You are rocking this weight loss thing, Pam!

Quoting wandep:

Well, mine goes back to meeting my goal weight. I have trouble in that department with the self confidence. Loosing weight is slowly helping me gain it back. :)

wandep
by Pam on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Thanks I am trying girl. :) I need to for my health issues. Being gluten, dairy, and corn free seems to help too. Even tho I will always be that after my weight loss. I'll have to try and find a picture of myself that was taken in October 2010 of me. I couldn't realize how big I was!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: If I could give the high five sweet pea here, I totally would. You are rocking this weight loss thing, Pam!

Quoting wandep:

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:35 AM

im just gonna try my best!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:25 AM

i haven't had self-confidence issues since jr high so don't have to "gain" any in the new year.  nor do i have to "pep myself up" for it.  just another day rolling by.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am not sure. Just focused on being healthier right now

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM

That's a great idea for self-confidence and a sense of accomplishment, to look at the things you've done successfully. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to lose 15 pounds and dye my hair

fraujones
by Amanda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Spending time with positive people helps. 

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Exercise and eat better!  I feel so much better after exercising!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)