Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Winter Break

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 44 Replies

Now that it is half over, are your kids "bored" yet or still loving the break?

backpack

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Our's isn't even half over, LOL. My kids are out for another 3 weeks!! Year round schooling.

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Ah.  How do you/they like the year round schooling?  A couple districts here toyed with the idea.  I have never met anyone who experienced it though.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Our's isn't even half over, LOL. My kids are out for another 3 weeks!! Year round schooling.

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I LOVE it. This is our first school year with it, but I love year round school. Instead of figuring out what the heck to do with kids for 3 LONG months in the summer (while they forget every single thing they've learned) you get breaks a month at a time spread out.

I don't know why all schools aren't on this system, it's just smarter.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Ah.  How do you/they like the year round schooling?  A couple districts here toyed with the idea.  I have never met anyone who experienced it though.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM

How many days are they in school?  Our state has a requirment of 180 days per school year.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I LOVE it. This is our first school year with it, but I love year round school. Instead of figuring out what the heck to do with kids for 3 LONG months in the summer (while they forget every single thing they've learned) you get breaks a month at a time spread out.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

The same 180 days, it's not more school, the calendar is just set up different. :)

Quoting ScrChk23:

How many days are they in school?  Our state has a requirment of 180 days per school year.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

It sounds like it would work well for the kids to retain information better also.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

The same 180 days, it's not more school, the calendar is just set up different. :)

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

my kids don't get bored.  if they do we downsize their toys & they never want that so bored stays away!!

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Clever

Quoting lizzig:

my kids don't get bored.  if they do we downsize their toys & they never want that so bored stays away!!

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I like it. The only wrench is that the middle schools here are traditional schedule, so next year I'll have one kid in year round and the other in traditional. THANKFULLY they start on the same day. I'll just have one kid home longer during a couple breaks, and that kid in school longer in the summer. No big deal, it will just be weird.

Quoting ScrChk23:

It sounds like it would work well for the kids to retain information better also.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Are they in the same district?  Why aren't they on the same schedule?  That is odd.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I like it. The only wrench is that the middle schools here are traditional schedule, so next year I'll have one kid in year round and the other in traditional. THANKFULLY they start on the same day. I'll just have one kid home longer during a couple breaks, and that kid in school longer in the summer. No big deal, it will just be weird.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN