Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh this holiday season has sucked this year!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 34 Replies

while things were happy for our family there was too much loss aournd us this last week.  first there was the baby brother of two students at school & while their mom is still here she is still in critical condition & her outlook is not good. 

now i just found out that one of the teachers lost her husband on christmas night.  he's been fighting cancer since november 2011.  he was diagnosed the same week his second little boy was born.  my kids & i are all upset.  the teacher was one of my daughter's favorites & her oldest son is a friend of my son.  we'll be going to the celebration of life service for him on monday. 

it seems like there were so many posts about loss these past few weeks.  so many families will have their holiday season forever have a tint of blue upon them.  please keep all these families in your hearts as we celebrate all the joys we've had this season.  keep them in your hearts as we move onto the new year with a positive outlook for our lives.

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by kimmy on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Omg! Hunny!!! (big big hugs!!)
That is the worst!!!! Passing away on the major holidays (b/c it's the time to be happy & cheerful!)

Yes in 2011, grandmom passed away late 20th but as of 21st she was "gone" (stupid nursing home lack of staff!) ugh! Yes, 4days from Christmas (I said to uncle Ed & dad "idk if this is a blessing or a curse that she passed so soon to Christmas.") it didn't phase me, went to the wake (the only 3 of us) & went to the funeral (omg, I had to keep both uncle Ed & dad "tamed" in front to the "B friend" of my grandmom's who tried to stab all 3 of us in the back & have grandmom turn on us.) but they stayed quiet & "tamed". (phew!) we went to the funeral (20minutes after the wake.) & like a bunch of people dad, uncle Ed & I NEVER met (a woman young than me shook my hand & said "hi I'm (blank) I knew your grandmom." (in my head I said "when? Your were a baby?!") me: "oh hi." (the young female looked like she was just 19 or 20, a baby!) than the rest was like a handful of elderly people & the priest.
(took about 10minutes) I guess I don't have the "sad crying affect" in person of a funeral.
. It didn't hit me until like a month later "my grandmom is really dead. My last grandmom & grandparent." ....... It hit me hard. Heck! Til this day, certain songs or shows make me cry like a baby about my grandmom's!

But it's animals & other people's passing away & funerals that get to me.
I am sorry.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM

while i know, in time, these families will be able to have happy holidays there will always be an undertone of sadness about it also.  loss is never easy, anytime of the year though.

Quoting powow65: Omg! Hunny!!! (big big hugs!!)
That is the worst!!!! Passing away on the major holidays (b/c it's the time to be happy & cheerful!)

Yes in 2011, grandmom passed away late 20th but as of 21st she was "gone" (stupid nursing home lack of staff!) ugh! Yes, 4days from Christmas (I said to uncle Ed & dad "idk if this is a blessing or a curse that she passed so soon to Christmas.") it didn't phase me, went to the wake (the only 3 of us) & went to the funeral (omg, I had to keep both uncle Ed & dad "tamed" in front to the "B friend" of my grandmom's who tried to stab all 3 of us in the back & have grandmom turn on us.) but they stayed quiet & "tamed". (phew!) we went to the funeral (20minutes after the wake.) & like a bunch of people dad, uncle Ed & I NEVER met (a woman young than me shook my hand & said "hi I'm (blank) I knew your grandmom." (in my head I said "when? Your were a baby?!") me: "oh hi." (the young female looked like she was just 19 or 20, a baby!) than the rest was like a handful of elderly people & the priest.
(took about 10minutes) I guess I don't have the "sad crying affect" in person of a funeral.
. It didn't hit me until like a month later "my grandmom is really dead. My last grandmom & grandparent." ....... It hit me hard. Heck! Til this day, certain songs or shows make me cry like a baby about my grandmom's!

I am sorry.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
:(
powow65
by kimmy on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
True. Any day, week, month, year. It is always sad.

Quoting lizzig:

while i know, in time, these families will be able to have happy holidays there will always be an undertone of sadness about it also.  loss is never easy, anytime of the year though.

Quoting powow65: Omg! Hunny!!! (big big hugs!!)

I am sorry.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I know what you mean.... we lost a good friend from CM on Christmas Eve...she was 30 and had 3 beautiful daughters.... it was sudden and tragic :(

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I totally understand the feeling... mine was a struggle and was blue because of loss...

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

So sad. Hard to lose loved ones and around the holidays is even harder!!

SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

:( how sad! Thinking of them

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

sorry to hear that mama! hugs

Quoting suziejax:

I totally understand the feeling... mine was a struggle and was blue because of loss...

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM

my heart goes out to her family

Quoting Wish2Be:

I know what you mean.... we lost a good friend from CM on Christmas Eve...she was 30 and had 3 beautiful daughters.... it was sudden and tragic :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN