Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?! (cable company, "time Warner cable") topic.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 40 Replies
?! Um?!
They gave me a "Christmas/holiday gift"?!
(shrugs!)

They sent me a card from "CA"?! (I was thinking, "I only know a handful of people in CA! Who sent me a card?!")
So once I opened it "thank you" on the front of the card.... Me: ????!!!!!! "huh?!"
Inside the card: "it really is as simple as that. Kimberly, we appreciate your loyalty, and to show you how much, we want to thank you with two movies on demand - on us! Enjoy & thanks again, from all of us at time Warner cable."

(pause)
?!
I've been paying $10 less On my cable/net bill for 2 months now. (holidays aren't the best when $$$$ is tight.)
So I owe like $110 now for my January bill.

But wow! Strange?!
-_-
Why they kissing @$$?! Why they "sucking up"?! They f'ed up I guess with my bill must be.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

They likely auto mail those to every single customer they have.  They give out the free movies because some people will see how easy it is to use them and will buy them in the future.It's a free sample, I give you the first taste free, if you like it you'll buy it, it's a smart business move.

Although you might want to send them a Thank You card, most companies would have shut off your services for being behind on your bill. I accidentally underpaid DirecTV once (before I dumped them) by $2 they threatened to shut off my services and put my account into collections if I didn't immediately pay the past due amount, and I did that once, on accident. So be thankful they're more lenient than DirecTV.

Hannahsmommy816
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM

huh i would wonder why too! we have TW, no issues here

shymomof4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM

My cable company send me something similar.  I don't have time warner.  I have a local company.  It looked like a generic "holiday"card.  It had 2 codes for free on demand movies.  

proudmommy690
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Pretty cool they did that!
Luvmybooskies
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

That's nice, I bet they sent one to all of their customers. 

powow65
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM
No "kiss @$$" card from them?!
(let me know if you get one within this week or next.)

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

huh i would wonder why too! we have TW, no issues here

alliesmom112
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

That was a nice thing for them to do.  Dish does that from time to time.  

powow65
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Major ditto!

Quoting shymomof4:

My cable company send me something similar.  I don't have time warner.  I have a local company.  It looked like a generic "holiday"card.  It had 2 codes for free on demand movies.  

powow65
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Meh. That's why I have Netflix.

Quoting proudmommy690: Pretty cool they did that!
powow65
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I'll ask my "SIL" if her mom & her got one too. (they have the whole set! Phone/cable/net)

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

That's nice, I bet they sent one to all of their customers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)