• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*sigh* I don't know why I continue to hold out hope.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 36 Replies

Today is my 30th birthday.

I got to get up with the kids while DH slept in for at least another hour, hour and a half. No gifts, I know we have no money for one but I mentioned the idea to DS and DH that they go find me 30 cool rocks outside like peg does for her mom's 30th birthday. Free, and a fun thing to do together. Nope :/ No hand drawn card, no nothing. Oh well whatever. No the kids fault but i wish dh would put effort in every once and a while.

I cave and make me and the kids breakfast at 10 am because it seems like no one is gonna make it for me.

I get to go to the store and pick up the cake i had to order for myself and dinner for tonight that i get to cook myself as well.

I don't know why i bother. My birthday has always sucked even as a kid but I was kinda hoping since 30 is suppose to be a big deal I would get some attention. All I got was badly behaved screaming and yelling kids to watch myself as dh smokes outside or cleans the dogs room, or takes hours longer then it should to drive 15 minutes down the street and back.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup24
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I'm sorry.
But Happy Birthday!!
mom2jessnky

Bummer. :(

Happy Birthday though!

alliesmom112

So sorry momma!! I hope your birthday gets better.  hugs

proudmommy690
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Im sorry :/

We dont celebrate our birthdays..only the kids.
Luvmybooskies
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM

My hubby always gets a cake, handmade cards, and a little something from the kids. This year was his 30th. I got him a Ninja Turtle Chia pet lol. It was his favorite cartoon as a kid, so I thought it be cute. I had the kids paint it and I put a clear coat over the whole thing. I also threw him a surprise party at our friend's bar. I haven't ever done a party for him, but it was his 30th, IMO that's a big deal.....I'm sorry your husband is so inconsiderate. As a mother I don't expect "real" gifts, just handmade cards and a "Happy Birthday". I wish I knew your husband so I could kick his butt!

Luvmybooskies

By the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

shymomof4

I am so sorry.  I know it would feel good to have a special day.  Have you mentioned to your family how much it hurts your feelings?

VinVanMom
Tell him to Massage you it's free and awesome
Vertical15
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I'm sorry its not all that you had hoped.  I had a similar experience on my 30th.  I had hoped my husband would have gone and done something big but he didn't.

happy birthday

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

If nothing else, here is a quick card from me. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)