Group Home

We got 41!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 134 Replies
License plates from different states, that is... With driving about 4000 miles round trip through ~13 states, I thought we might get them all. The only time I've ever gotten all 50 states in the license plate game was at Yellowstone National Park, alas!

Do you play the license plate game on long trips? What's the longest road trip you've ever been on?
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM

i used to when i was little.  haven't done it with my kids, we don't do that many roadtrips & when we do they're generally in state so i've never thought of it.

when i was little we'd go to visit my great granma every summer.  she lived outside of miami.  if my father went it would be a non stop trip, from cleveland ohio.  26 or so hours! it was horrible!  we also did one trip from cleveland to oklahoma city.  that was also a non stop trip but don't remember how long it was.

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Longest road trip I have ever been on was driving from the east coast to the west!

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Fun.

The longest one for me was when I went with my dad from Florida (north fl) to Niagra Falls. He was super slow about getting there and only stayed 1 day how stupid lol.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Nope it never lasted long-the longest road trip was from NJ to Washington DC.

The longest trip period was from NJ to Florida for spring break. But that doesn't count because we flew

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

wow! never really played that game

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  That is a long trip!

Quoting suziejax:

Longest road trip I have ever been on was driving from the east coast to the west!

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM
We drive from CO to IL often
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Not usually. we play i-spy sometimes though

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM
When I was a kid we did those long nonstop trips, too... I hated them. Now we try to keep driving days to a reasonable length for my son, and make enough stops for him to still have fun, too.

Do you usually fly when you travel with the kids, or mostly stay closer to home?

Quoting lizzig:

i used to when i was little.  haven't done it with my kids, we don't do that many roadtrips & when we do they're generally in state so i've never thought of it.

when i was little we'd go to visit my great granma every summer.  she lived outside of miami.  if my father went it would be a non stop trip, from cleveland ohio.  26 or so hours! it was horrible!  we also did one trip from cleveland to oklahoma city.  that was also a non stop trip but don't remember how long it was.

ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Did you get Ak this time?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80