Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rug for home with long-haired dogs

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi!

I am looking for a nice rug for my living room floor, but I also have a long haired (white) large dog and a, scared that this rug will be impossible to clean and will just become one big pile of dog hair.

Anyone have advice on which kind of rug to buy that will be easy to clean/vaccuum dog hair off of?

TIA

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM

i would get a wool rug if you can, they are super easy to clean. i dont have animals but with kids, its easy!

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Wool rug sounds perfect

suziejax
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I have no idea really on that one

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Not black. LOL. I have a mostly black rug in my living room and a long haired white cat. Not the best idea. But to be fair I had the rug before the cat. LOL.

I vacuum the rug once a day and it looks fine, so it's not a huge deal, and all the flooring downstairs is hard so the hair isn't too bad.

aneela
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I am not sure at all. Maybe the wool as the others said.

sukainah
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I have no idea on that one.  My sister and her DH have 2 large long haired dogs and they have a Persian type rug in their living room and they also have a vacuum that is especially made for dog hair and it picks it up rather well.  But their house is always covered in long white dog hair lol

Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Low pile Berber is what I have with two cats one being long hair and it works well for me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)