Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you let your kids "drop out" before?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:42 AM
  • 34 Replies

Have you ever enrolled your kids in activites that just didn't work for them? Either they didn't like them, the teacher, the other kids or the sport/activity itself?

Have you ever let them drop out before and/or did you force them to continue on?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM

i let my son drop out of baseball once. he played every other sport and was awsome at them. but he wasnt doing very well and said it was too slow paced for him. sure enough he done better at football and basketball.

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I have them try it for a few weeks and then if they want to drop it they can

Jillysmom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM

We have told our daughter thhat once she starts something she has to follow thru with it. She has been taking dance since shes 2 (14 now) and there have been a few times she has wnted to quit. I told her finixh this years classes and then you don't have to sign back up. Every year she has finished and wanted to go the next.

We have had issues with a girl scout leader and she was allowed to quit that because of the reasons around it. 3 years later she started again with a new leader

Sarahb21
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Yes, once. I signed DS up for karate through a community program thing. The class was supposed to be only 14 kids. That's what the sign up sheet said, "limited to 14 kids". It ended up being almost 40, with ONE teacher. It was a complete waste of time. We went 4 out of ten times and decided to stop going. Usually we don't do that, but I wasn't happy with the class at all.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM

No we have, if we pay for it we want them to finish, they haven't really done to many things though

Apr1l
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM
No, my eldest dislikes piano but I know it's bc he's being lazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 AM
They haven't been in any activities yet.
Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I haven't come across this just yet but we have spoke before hand about it and once he starts something he must finish the season bc it's paid in full and we can not afford to waste money like that. So afar so good though he does karate and loves it and baseball starts in the spring and we know he loves that too

ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM
No they have not been in anything and then decided to stop. Our oldest has decides she does not want to play baseball this year though. She wants to do cheerleading.
jujubear1
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Nope. Dd didn't like cheerleading, but our rule is once you've committed, you follow through. She finished the season and hasn't looked back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)