Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess they decided not to..

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM
  • 37 Replies
So last week I called a local women's boutique. I talked to the manager and askes if they would consider selling my bracelets in their shop. She said they would look over my fb bracelet page and get back with me. They never called me back.
Probably a good thing though. I don't have enough inventory to keep it stocked. I am trying a program to raise money. Hopefully that will pull through for me. Then if it does, I can buy more supplies and up my inventory stock.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

What about craigslist can you sell them their

slw123
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Call them back, have them begging you for more.

ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Craigslist scares me lol. I am honestly scared to post anything on there. I have heard too many scary things about it lol. I am such a chicken too lol.
I think I am going to continue with how I am doing right now and hope that my kickstarter program pulls through for me. If it does I am going to get supplies and really up my inventory. That way I can start calling around to other places and see if I can find someone to carry them in their store.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I am so wanting to call them back lol. I am going to wait though. Depending on how my kickstarter program goes, I will be able to really up my inventory. Then I won't have to worry about running out of stock.As of right now I have 25 bracelets and can't really make too many more because I am out of chains. Can't really order any more chains right now because I don't have the money.

Quoting slw123:

Call them back, have them begging you for more.

yvonne37
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Just a thought.  I would def. create some samples and go in person to the stores you would like to try to sell them at. People dont really like doing business on the phone. I dont know if you are far from the stores, but if you can, just take a couple of hours from your day and walk down to the stores and ask to speak to the manager, show them your products... also if you dont have many made already you might want to keep sales online and by order.  Good luck :)

Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM

eBay ?

Quoting ashleymosq: Craigslist scares me lol. I am honestly scared to post anything on there. I have heard too many scary things about it lol. I am such a chicken too lol.
I think I am going to continue with how I am doing right now and hope that my kickstarter program pulls through for me. If it does I am going to get supplies and really up my inventory. That way I can start calling around to other places and see if I can find someone to carry them in their store.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
For right now I am going to continue with the online and by order. I was getting way a head of myself when I called. Soon as I can get a bigger inventory, I am going to call places and then go in person.

Quoting yvonne37:

Just a thought.  I would def. create some samples and go in person to the stores you would like to try to sell them at. People dont really like doing business on the phone. I dont know if you are far from the stores, but if you can, just take a couple of hours from your day and walk down to the stores and ask to speak to the manager, show them your products... also if you dont have many made already you might want to keep sales online and by order.  Good luck :)

ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I have them on ebay and etsy.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

eBay ?

Quoting ashleymosq: Craigslist scares me lol. I am honestly scared to post anything on there. I have heard too many scary things about it lol. I am such a chicken too lol.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

sukainah
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM

That's a good idea.  Good luck with it!

ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting sukainah:

That's a good idea.  Good luck with it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)