Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It smells delicious!!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM
  • 20 Replies

Due to my twin pregnancy, I've been put on light duty until they're born in a couple months.  As soon as my church family heard of this, they started making a sign up list to bring us meals 3 times per week (as well as cleaning, child care, grocery shopping, and laundry...should I need those services).  Well, tonight one of the ladies sent us a dinner of salad, green beans, a meatloaf, potato casserole, animal crackers for the kids, gooey butter cookies, and pudding with fruit salad.  All I have to do is pop the green beans in the microwave and heat the meatloaf & potato casserole in the oven.  They're in the oven now and it smells sooooo good!  I cannot believe how generous people are...even when you're afraid to ask for help.  

Have you ever been the recipent of others' kind works?  Have you volunteered for others?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Only people that has done anything like that for us is my parents. I have also done a lot like that for my parents.
Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That's very kind of them ! No we have not needed anything like that , and we don't know anyone who has needed any help of those kinds I have made meals for friends whom have gotten sick and had a few kids to care for alone and have done other charitable acts for people

Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM

BTW how is everything going with the babies do you know the genders yet ?

Leelee1008
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

that is very wonderful of your church to do. I have not but when my friend first had her DD i was going to make her a dinner to heat up. I didnt get around to it. but i still might the baby is only a month old and she is not a very good cook LOL.

aneela
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

that is great they are willing to share and help like that...you take it easy!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww that's so neat they are doing that for you,
Enjoy your meal   :)

lil_mama06
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and yes....When I had my girls our church family brought us meals...One of the BEST desserts was a banana cream pie...OH MY GOSH, they are out of this world...You can buy a pie for 14.00 definitly worth it....

angieluvsolivia
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM

That's amazing!  I've always had to take care of myself.  Though it would be nice to have a support system like that!

Pammi86
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

How sweet and yes I often take things to people who need help! I however have not recieved anything which would be a great help with new babies!

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM

When I was in a bad accident(my ds was with he was 10 months old and I had just found out the night before I was pg again) people brought us food and things.I was hurt bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)