Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda OT but ....

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM
  • 35 Replies

My ds who's 18 mths just started climbing on the couches now I normally wouldnt care but he stands and leans over the back and has actually flipped over it and was luckily cought by dh!!!! Now he does this every day no matter what in front of us and everything we have been stern in telling him no and have even lightly slapped his butt and told him no we remove him and tell him no and I even got him his own bean bag couch. And yes we have showed him to sit or lay down and still he stands and jumps. 

So what more can I do to stop him??

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:26 PM

lol!  good luck mama!  that's why we got our little guy in gymnastics as soon as we could! ;o) he's 6 & still uses the couches as vaults.

can you rearrange your furniture & push the couches against a wall at least till he "outgrows" this?

Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Quoting lizzig:

lol!  good luck mama!  that's why we got our little guy in gymnastics as soon as we could! ;o) he's 6 & still uses the couches as vaults.

can you rearrange your furniture & push the couches against a wall at least till he "outgrows" this?

The one couch is up against the wall but the way my house is set up I can't do anything else with the love seat we live in a small ranch with a open floor plan of the living room dining room kitchen it's all open so theirs no space to put it I wish I could it would solve my problem real fast 

Apr1l
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Lol but yea rearrange yiur furniture is what I was going to suggest too

Quoting lizzig:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Quoting Apr1l: Lol but yea rearrange yiur furniture is what I was going to suggest too

Quoting lizzig:

I wish I could but heir is no place to do it my house is a small ranch and I have a fireplace on on wall and the wall mount tv on another and the one couch is up against the other and their isn't another wall bc it's a open floor plan for the kitchen and dining room and family room

proudmommy690
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Lol good luck my baby likes leaning over the back of the couch too.
lil_mama06
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Lol...He's at that stage.....Drove me crazy when my girls would do it....

momager2two
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM

My rule is if you can't sit on my furniture correctly, the. you can't use it. I wouldn't let him on the sofa until he can show that he can be respectful of the furniture. Also look into local kids classes, maybe gymnastics.

angieluvsolivia
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I too was going to suggest rearranging but, if not I agree with momager2two, tell him he can't be on the furniture if he can't respect it.  He will get it eventually!

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Just hang in there.Just keep cushions around the floor by the couch

Pammi86
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Just keep telling him no and removing him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)