Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dogs or Cats Debate

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM
  • 57 Replies

My husband and I were talking about which is better a dog or cat  both of which we have had yet at the moment now do not have. We just had a good laugh!

What say You? big smile mini Which do you think is better and WHY? OR both are the same in smarts etc?

puppycat

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I like them both. I've never had an inside dog though but I've had outside farm dogs. I feel that both have their places. We currently have an inside cat and thinking about getting a dog but it would have to be a little dog since we live in the city.

deedee3849
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I love dogs. I love how they are so relational and always love to see you. Both our dogs died a few years ago and I miss them a lot. Now we have cats. Cats are snooty and only love on you when they want to. That said cats are less needy, cheaper, cleaner and quieter. Its working out ok lol.
Its funny how different cats are. Ive never had one before so I pet them like I pet my dogs. Didn't take long to figure out they do NOT like their belly rubbed.
aneela
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

i like them both...ppl need to choose what works for their family and where they live.

alf2651
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I like cats, I really do. They are smart, intelligent little assholes creatures. That being said, I love dogs more. DH is a cat person. 

danijean
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I used to be a total dog person and have 2 very well behaved dogs. Last year we adopted a cat who I love.

I have come to known that I am a cat person. I love my dogs dearly but they are dogs they stink despite being taken to the groomers on the regular, they lick their butt in front of you you have to pick up poo in the yard. Cats are easy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midwestmom8912
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I have a lot of room in my heart for dogs and cats.  But, I definitely prefer cats over dogs.  They are loving and affectionate, without the mess or daily walks. 

suziejax
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Very true!

Quoting aneela:

i like them both...ppl need to choose what works for their family and where they live.

suziejax
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Those are some good points of difference between the two!

Quoting midwestmom8912:

I have a lot of room in my heart for dogs and cats.  But, I definitely prefer cats over dogs.  They are loving and affectionate, without the mess or daily walks. 

suziejax
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Sorry I was laughing at when you said they lick their butt in front of you lol

Hey what breed are they? I know some dog breads tend to smell more than others..

Quoting danijean: I used to be a total dog person and have 2 very well behaved dogs. Last year we adopted a cat who I love.

I have come to known that I am a cat person. I love my dogs dearly but they are dogs they stink despite being taken to the groomers on the regular, they lick their butt in front of you you have to pick up poo in the yard. Cats are easy.

lil_mama06
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

We have both...While I love my kitty, I prefer dogs....Just a personal preference...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)