Watch what you say!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 18 Replies
Now a days or very soon credit report places will start checking your "social media" aka FB or twitter!

So if your acting dumb or blowing stupid & telling the world, you might want to keep a real diary on what you say instead of online!

Think before you speak I guess!
Good luck!
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Source? I call BS.

People should be watching what they say online, but I fail to see how that would affect their credit.

Also unless you're an idiot that posts their full name, social, and address online, how would the credit bureau even know it's you? I don't even use my real name online, so good luck to them I guess.  But still until I see a reliable source on this my bullshit flag is waving.

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
The today show was talking about this this morning. I'm not sure how much they will be checking in own ones social media accounts but they have said they will start.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Source? I call BS.

People should be watching what they say online, but I fail to see how that would affect their credit.

Also unless you're an idiot that posts their full name, social, and address online, how would the credit bureau even know it's you? I don't even use my real name online, so good luck to them I guess.  But still until I see a reliable source on this my bullshit flag is waving.

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

And the Today Show's source was?  Again, I don't have any identifying info on my Facebook and I have privacy settings out the ear, so how would they connect my Facebook, to me? With my throwaway email address? Or the name that isn't my legal name? There is more than 1 person with every name in the world so unless Facebook starts requiring your SSN (the day they do is the day I leave) they have NO way of actually connecting you to your facebook.  Still calling BS, this is a scare tactic. 

Quoting KelliansMom: The today show was talking about this this morning. I'm not sure how much they will be checking in own ones social media accounts but they have said they will start.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Source? I call BS.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I dont have any social media like that no FB twitter , nothing like that only CM

slw123
by Shawna on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I've heard that insurance companies have done it.  They want to make sure you don't engage in risky behaviors like sky diving and jumping off bridges, etc.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Its getting crazy

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM
That dosnt seem right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Christa on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I don't see how this is legal...but whatever my credit blows anyway lol!
powow65
by kimmy on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM
It was on the news I bet within a day or two from today they might have it on yahoo or msn or CNN.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Source? I call BS.

powow65
by kimmy on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Yayy! I'm not the only one who watches the Today show! Thanks hun!

Quoting KelliansMom: The today show was talking about this this morning. I'm not sure how much they will be checking in own ones social media accounts but they have said they will start.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Source? I call BS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: