Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update with name, maybe! Anyone old enough to remember Kmart...

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 242 Replies
3 moms liked this

having a that concession like place right when you walked in that you could get popcorn and Icees from?  My Oma used to take me in the 80's and we always got those treats. It's almost like it was stale popcorn but it was oh so good, lol!!! 

Also does anyone remember back in the 80's when they had a cafeteria in the back??? I can't remember what it was called or what all they served but for some reason I remember loving their cafeteria mashed potatoes and gravy. 

Update 1/14: I did just a little bit of googling just now.  Is it possible the cafeteria I'm remembering was called K'Cafe before being replaced with Little Caesar's?  Anyone remember?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM
We never shopped there when I was little.
whovianmum
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Yep I live in Australia and they used to do hot chips and gravy and hot dogs,stuff like that.Surprisingly it wasn't too bad either.

2metalbabies
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I remember the cafe, but the icee's were behind the checkouts by the exit in my store.
liveforever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't remember that in Kmart, but I remember free popcorn at Hills!
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:56 PM
They were around was long before the 80s....and the Kmart here actually had the concessions place up until about 3 years ago (2010) so even my children remember it.
alf2651
by Amanda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Ours has a Little Casear's in the front that sells pizza, Icees and other snacks from.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

-42-
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
And ICEEs! My parents would get us an ICEE, popcorn, and cotton candy when we went there.....as long as we behaved!

Hills is where the toys are! I so miss that place!

Quoting liveforever: I don't remember that in Kmart, but I remember free popcorn at Hills!
liveforever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Lol that was the only store I would complain about going to.

Quoting -42-: And ICEEs! My parents would get us an ICEE, popcorn, and cotton candy when we went there.....as long as we behaved!

Hills is where the toys are! I so miss that place!

Quoting liveforever: I don't remember that in Kmart, but I remember free popcorn at Hills!
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I was born in 1975, lol.  The Kmart was like just 1/2 a mile up the road from where she lived so it was convenient plus I don't remember Walmart back then but maybe that's because Kmart was closer so she went there.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: We never shopped there when I was little.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM

LOL yeah I remember liking it too. 

Quoting whovianmum:

Yep I live in Australia and they used to do hot chips and gravy and hot dogs,stuff like that.Surprisingly it wasn't too bad either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN