Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raised a baby animal?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you or family member ever raised a baby animal?

What was it like? Did you like it? Did it bother you? Would you do it again?
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
jessica1078
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:58 AM
I think I do somewhere.. But I'm not sure where :-(.. Yes it was very ironic dh swore it was the same one we helped lol

We've also cared for newborn rabbits, kittens, puppies, oh and I hand raised my girls- hens. I have 6 total and they are my outside babies lol

Quoting powow65: Aw! How cute & ironic! Do you have a pic Hun?

Quoting jessica1078: We had a baby woodpecker for 3 days until the wildlife rescue had room for it. It was the cutest little thing, had fallen from it's nest and our dog alerted us to it. The rescue kept us updated on it's progress until they released it. Six months later we lost power for 6 days because-of all things- a woodpecker...lol
jessica1078
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

This one is Moe- she is my sidekick. We got them when they were under 2 weeks old and had to make soft mash for food. I love my girls and they'll be a year old in march.
powow65
by kimmy on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Lmao@ the hens!
I was gonna say "of course we all 'hand raise our kids'."
Heh!

Quoting jessica1078: I think I do somewhere.. But I'm not sure where :-(.. Yes it was very ironic dh swore it was the same one we helped lol

We've also cared for newborn rabbits, kittens, puppies, oh and I hand raised my girls- hens. I have 6 total and they are my outside babies lol

Quoting jessica1078: We had a baby woodpecker for 3 days until the wildlife rescue had room for it. It was the cutest little thing, had fallen from it's nest and our dog alerted us to it. The rescue kept us updated on it's progress until they released it. Six months later we lost power for 6 days because-of all things- a woodpecker...lol
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Kittens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessica1078
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Yeah I love my girls lol but I dont think dh intended for me to become attached to the hens because he always reminds me that they are multiple purpose hens. I tell him I'm training the girls to attack him on site. Fun times lol

Quoting powow65: Lmao@ the hens!

I was gonna say "of course we all 'hand raise our kids'."

Heh!

Quoting jessica1078: I think I do somewhere.. But I'm not sure where :-(.. Yes it was very ironic dh swore it was the same one we helped lol

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I haven't ever had to do that.

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM
A kitten
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Oh and i suppose a snake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Years ago I fostered a baby kitten, the shelter didn't have the resources to care for it so it was either I take it and get it to an adoptable age or they were putting it down then and there.

It was 2 weeks old, so we had to bottle feed it and everything. I SERIOUSLY doubt I would do it again. It was more work than having a human newborn.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM
It's no big deal. Apparently it's too much work?

Quoting powow65: Ouch. Bummer. I'm sorry.

Quoting celestegood: My mom did, and she said never ever again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)