Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a "messy Marvin" in your immediate family?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
  • 37 Replies

My husband refuses to eat anything that comes out of my sister's house because she has terrible housekeeping skills.

Do you compare your cleaning habits to those of others or notice when their homes are messy?

Do you have a messy Marvin in your immediate family?

washing dishes

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I do compare other people's houses to my own. Easiest way to know I think your house is a mess? If I don't eat anything, sit down, or take my shoes off while there. 

And if I believe a person to be messy (I can tell) I won't eat anything they've baked/cooked and brought somewhere I'm at. And I stand away from them. You also won't be invited to my house if I believe you're messy.

There was a thread on here the other day that made me bleach my house floor to ceiling it grossed me out so bad.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:38 AM

We have a few people who have a lot of clutter. My moms house ois pretty bad since they have 5 dogs

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Same here!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I do compare other people's houses to my own. Easiest way to know I think your house is a mess? If I don't eat anything, sit down, or take my shoes off while there. 

And if I believe a person to be messy (I can tell) I won't eat anything they've baked/cooked and brought somewhere I'm at. And I stand away from them. You also won't be invited to my house if I believe you're messy.

There was a thread on here the other day that made me bleach my house floor to ceiling it grossed me out so bad.

Tigress22304
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Not really messy-just cluttered-that's my parents house but I'm not afraid to eat there.

The only house I don't eat at (or even go to) is my SIL's house. The house is a mess....too many pets...hair floats around the house...dusty...and neither SIL or MIL can cook all that well. I wind up getting ill everytime.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I often compare. I don't know anyone that messy though.
EbonySnow
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

my mom is a neat freak lol you could almost operate in her house. my inlaws are all messy and lazy

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM

That would be me....I'm always the cluttery, dishes not done one.......I figure people who matter don't care, and people who care, don't matter.........Since we'll be getting my almost 2 year old great nephew, I have gotten alot better.......

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I think there's a big difference in being messy (clutter or kids toys everywhere, and being clean in the kitchen. I know people that have a spotless clean house, but I won't eat there, because I've seen her her lick her fingers while she's cooking, and pet the dog. And I have a brother whose house is always cluttered, not dirty-but very lived in. His wife is not a neat housekeeper, but I love to eat there. She's a very thorough clean as she goes cook, and knows about sanitation.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My sil had a "cat" house. What shocks me is when people have no hand soap or clean towels in the bathroom ... I've seen it even in tidy homes
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I agree with this. I hate when people lick their fingers or do other stuff and not wash their hands between. my dad's house is messy and cluttered, but i'm not worried about eating there. my house is messy with kids toys and such, but I wash my hands many many times while cooking.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think there's a big difference in being messy (clutter or kids toys everywhere, and being clean in the kitchen. I know people that have a spotless clean house, but I won't eat there, because I've seen her her lick her fingers while she's cooking, and pet the dog. And I have a brother whose house is always cluttered, not dirty-but very lived in. His wife is not a neat housekeeper, but I love to eat there. She's a very thorough clean as she goes cook, and knows about sanitation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)