Postage Rate Increase
Info on the 2014 USPS Postage Rate Increases
On January 26, 2014 the U.S. Postal Service® will implement new postage rates for several mail classes including First Class Package Service, Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® along with many special services.
Summary of the 2014 USPS postage rate increase:
- PENDING: First Class Letters (1 oz.) will increase by three cents
to $0.49 from $0.46. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (up
one cent from 2013).
- PENDING: NEW! The USPS has introduced a new First Class letter
rate for the "Metered Mail" category, which includes online postage
providers and postage meters. This new rate would be $0.48, one cent
below the retail rate of $0.49 for First Class Letters.
- PENDING: First Class Flats (1 oz.) will increase by six cents to
$0.98 from $0.92. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (up
one cent from 2013).
- PENDING: Postcard rates will increase by one cent to $0.34 from $0.33.
- Priority Mail Commercial Base (online postage) rates will
continue to start at $5.05 and in some weight ranges and zones, the
prices will be reduced compared to 2013.
- Priority Mail Express Commercial Base (online postage) rates
will increase by an average of 3% and will start at $16.95 (previously
- First Class Package Service will see an average increase of 5% in 2014.
- NEW! A new "Zone 9" delivery zone has been introduced to
represent U.S. territories and freely associated states (Micronesia,
Marshall Islands, and Palau) for Priority Mail and Priority Mail
- NEW! Priority Mail International: The maximum weight for Rate Group 2 (Mexico) has been increased to 70 lbs. from 44 lbs.
- NEW! Commercial Plus Pricing: The minimum annual package volume
threshold for cubic pricing and other Commercial Plus offerings will be
lowered to 50,000 packages.
- NEW! The following countries are now also eligible for USPS
Tracking™: Estonia, Finland, Gibraltar, Hungary, Italy, Latvia,
Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Portugal, and Singapore.
on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM