Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rip Ruth Robinson Duccini

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM
  • 16 Replies

'Wizard Of Oz' Actress Dead

Last Female Munchkin Dies At Age 95

0116-stephen-cox-ruth-duccini

An actress who played a Munchkin in the "The Wizard of Oz" has died at age 95 ... and now there's just one surviving little person from the flick.

Ruth Robinson Duccini -- who stood 4 feet tall -- was the longest surviving female Munchkin ... she died of natural causes today at a hospice center in Las Vegas.

Duccini received no screen credit for her role as a Munchkin townsperson -- she was one of 124 little people cast in the movie.

Now ... only one Munchkin survives ... 93-year-old Jerry Maren -- who was a member of the famed Lollipop Guild.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww love this movie! Poor lady!

heydooney
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I am glad she gets credit now. Too bad they didn't give it when the movie came out.

sukainah
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Oh wow, I always wondered what happened to them.  RIP Ruth!

VintageWife
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:19 PM

:*(

taKENheart
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I don't know the history with all that.  You mean like at first the "munchkins" were all lumped together and not given credit?

Quoting heydooney:

I am glad she gets credit now. Too bad they didn't give it when the movie came out.

taKENheart
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I've seen things on MSN about the surviving munchkins over the years.  I'm glad she had a long life ;)

Quoting sukainah:

Oh wow, I always wondered what happened to them.  RIP Ruth!

proudmommy690
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww :(
taKENheart
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I know, me too :(

Quoting VintageWife:

:*(

heydooney
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I don't know, I just read the little blurb that said she didn't receive screen credit for her role.

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't know the history with all that.  You mean like at first the "munchkins" were all lumped together and not given credit?

Quoting heydooney:

taKENheart
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Oh ok, I just wondered if there was more to that statement in the write up that you knew about.  I bet we could google it.

Quoting heydooney: I don't know, I just read the little blurb that said she didn't receive screen credit for her role.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting heydooney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)