Group Home

School valentines updated page 3

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:48 AM
  • 41 Replies
Last year was my son's first year in school. A lot of the kids sent some kind of gift to every child in class along with the valentine card. One girl from China had stapled egg roll bags filled with sealed cookies and candies from china in it to each card, others sent other candy or home baked cookies, some did pencils and erasers.

I always thought it was just a card! Is that the new thing these days? Gifts too? I don't want my son feeling like we didn't do it right for him but I don't want to buy 20 kids random trinket crap either.

So I think I am going to buy these coupling plates at the Lego store when we go for the free monthly project next week. They are 20c a piece online but in store you can fill a big cup for $8 with any parts from the brick wall. We are doing lego ninjago cards so it will fit the theme. The girls can then wear them as a necklace if wanted ( they have holes built in) or the boys can use them to build with. And ds will have a blast making them even if it's only two pieces for each one

Hmmmm apparently I can update mobile and add an image......... Guess it will be on page 3
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:56 AM

We've always done just cards at my boys school.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I just do the cards.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I know in DD's school they give gift bags-usually a lollipop with a small toy or 2 and a card

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I do the candy valentines, those seem to be what most kids do in my experience.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I make cards with the girl's and either make some type of treat or gift. It's always been that way, Pinterest has some easy inexpensive ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM

If it makes you feel better, at all of the schools my girls have attended the home made treats thing wouldn't have flown. That's not allowed with all the crazy allergies out there. So I really wouldn't even bother with that. I'm surprised that stuff wasn't immediately tossed.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:51 AM

this is my son's first year of school, so I have no clue.

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I'm just going to do cards. I remember when I was young we would get maybe a small handfull of candy. In my son's preschool class he got all kinds of crap- a ring, tons of candy and even a coloring book!! I think it's so unnecessary. Just another excuse to load the kids up w candy and junky toys.
Ds is in kindergarten and dd is in preschool this year. We will be sending cards. That is all.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:59 AM

We do cards and some candy

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM
We do a card & a small candy. There are some card sets that come with candies for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80