Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A small disclaimer, they need cleaned, lol. But these are my rings:

This is the first I was ever given. My parents bought it for me for my 14th birthday, along with my first car (1996 Mustang), my letterman's jacket, and my class ring (it took almost 6 months for it to come in, though). It was my freshman year of highschool.

My class ring.

LOL..it's huge, this was the first ring DH gave me. His class ring. I was a senior in HS and he was a freshman in college.I could wear it on my thumb back then, now, not so much..haha.

Then, there's the promise to be there forever.

Then, the question was popped. Well, not really. He's so romantic, he asked me, "Well, will ya?" LOL

What he put on my finger, almost 9 years ago,during our wedding ceremony.

In December that same year, my grandma died. This was in a ring box with my name on it. I cherish it so much, but I can't wear it. It can't be sized because the gold's too thin where she crushed it making her bed and had it fixed.

Saturday, my other grandma (my dad's mom) gave me this. It's the opal ring my dad gave her. It happens to be my birth stone,so she wanted to make sure I got it (luckily, my parents had it...because my uncle stole everything in her jewelry box).

Another one my grandma gave me Saturday. It's my great grandmother's wedding set.

Do you have any that are special to you? Share them and/or their story :)

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Thank you.

I have an opal necklace too. Well, the chain broke..lol. But it's a gold cross with a ruby or garnet (it's darker, so I'm thinking garnet) in the middle and opals around it. I'll take a pic of it in a bit.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Love the opal!

psych_mom
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I have my wedding set that I love and wear daily- it's diamonds and sapphires. Then there is the antique cameo ring that my mom gave me that I often wear on my right hand. It gets switched out with a sterling silver ring DH bought and the stones look like they form a flower. I also have my grandmother's wedding band and one other ring of her's and one or two rings that belonged to my mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyjane22
by Amy on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Nice!

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Nice

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Mobile Photo

Very pretty! This is my engagement ring and wedding band. I don't wear them anymore because they don't currently fit. DH picked them out all on his own and the best part is the engagement ring has 13 total diamonds and 13 is my favorite number. :) Totally bad lighting but it's not yellow/gold like it looks.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Mobile Photo

Starting small... This is just a pewter band stamped with crosses I bought myself in high school. I wore it for years. It has a crack in it now.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Mobile Photo

Another one I bought myself in high school, just because I thought it was pretty.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Mobile Photo

When I was in junior high my family hosted a German foreign exchange student. His family sent this for me at Christmas, along with a pretty heart necklace.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Mobile Photo

My parents couldn't afford to get me a class ring, so my mom's best friend made one for me with my birthstone, initials, school letters, and year. I appreciated it, but I never wore it. I think it looks like a boob...
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Mobile Photo

DH's great(?) grandmother's ring, I don't remember exactly, I'll have to ask. His mom gave it to him to give to me to propose. I love that it's simple and has history. And no, she wasn't wearing it when she died, I asked ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN