Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello I am new here.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM
  • 35 Replies

Hello, my name is Jeanne and please excuse this huge font but my eye sight is poor and I can read this without glasses.  I know it eats up the screen for those who read this on those fancy phones.  

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

hello from another mother with poor eye sight. without my quite thick glasses, I have 20/600 in my left eye and 20/475 in my right eye, and surgery is not an option. everyone in my own family wears glasses, some of us earlier than the rest. I am thankful DD has really good vision in her early years, better then me. I lost my vision at age 7.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM

I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old, now at 53, they are not just an option for reading, but everyday all the time.  I am going to get contacts soon.  My children both wear contacts.  They both were in bifocals since 3rd grade.  When they got braces and acne, I decided to let them wear contacts, teenagers have enough going on without glasses, too.  Now they think their glasses are cool. 

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Thank you for the hug.

bwsmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Hi and your font doesnt bother me at all ! I hope you can read mine without any issues ! We are so glad to have you in Smarter Living !

DixieL
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Hi Jeanne. My name is Dixie. Welcome to Cafemom and welcome to the group. I know you will love Cafemom. It's a lot of fun and addicting. Lol. Are you married and how many kids do you have. I've been married for over thirty years, and we have a twenty eight year old son, who has been married for almost five years. I can't see very well either. I have to get glasses, so I can see better, to watch TV, read, and be on the computer.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Dixie, I have a dd, aged 33 and her dh and a ds who is aged 26.  I have been a single Mom for a long time, I am retired and I have a service dog, Mr. B, or Barker and is pet cat, Piglet.  I am extremely frugal and am a budget nerd.  I do not have grandchildren but do have a grand dog and a grand cat.  My dd and sil will be moving back to the mainland US sometime this year, they live in the US Virgin Islands.  My ds is transitioning from college to the real world of work.  My pets are my reason for getting up each day.  I am disabled but manage to live an average life. 

Quoting DixieL:

Hi Jeanne. My name is Dixie. Welcome to Cafemom and welcome to the group. I know you will love Cafemom. It's a lot of fun and addicting. Lol. Are you married and how many kids do you have. I've been married for over thirty years, and we have a twenty eight year old son, who has been married for almost five years. I can't see very well either. I have to get glasses, so I can see better, to watch TV, read, and be on the computer.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

me and Mr. B on New Years 2014.  Sorry, I don't get Windows 8.

baby girl

baby boy (on the right) accepting his first "Oscar"  for a TV show he produced in college.

Piglet, Mr. B's cat and my garden boots, no my feet are not that big, but they were on sale for $2.

Mr. B at the ballgame, it was $1 hotdog night.  He can eat his weight in hot dogs. 

Alexsi1
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Welcome to the group Jeanne!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Welcome to the group! Your font looks fine to me ;)
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:34 AM

welcome 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)