Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is it like in your front yard right now?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:31 AM
  • 69 Replies

It is 2:30 am and it is 66 F with thunderstorms.  It is supposed to be colder tomorrow night, mid 40's F.  Such is winter in Alabama.  I cannot sleep so I have the lights off and the front door open.  The screen door is locked and I am enjoying the sound of the rain falling into the rain bucket.  It sounds pretty country, but it is the truth, a rain bucket.

Sorry, I have Windows 8, so I cannot turn photos and I also have Parkinson's disease which makes for crazy pictures.  This is my screen door which another neighbor tossed in the garbage because it needed new screen fabric.  I toted it home, repaired it and had it hung by another neighbor for $25.  The door sells for over $300, new.  Yikes.  The crazy lamp is an old street lamp the City put in the garbage and I mounted it on a wooden box, and put a solar lamp inside it.  Total cost was about $20 for the solar lamp and the charger.  The wooden Cross was also a yard sale find.  It was made with the beams from an old wooden Church, when they out grew their 1960's brick Church and built a mega Church across the road.  They only want a few dollars for it and I have more people ask me about that Cross then any of the other decorations in my yard.  All finds of one sort or another.  I know I am the 'crazy' old lady type neighbor, but I have a good heart and will help anyone who asks. 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzD3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:58 AM

A lot of snow !

jessica1078
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Its 2am here clear but cold- im in california we may get rain soon but we'll see,,, lol

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:06 AM

These are my baby girls legs and her front 'lawn', I have to go and spend a few weeks with her in sunny Saint Croix, USVI.  

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:16 AM
Snow, snow & more snow.
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM

A lot of cold rain.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Please share the cold.  I don't have central heat on, too hot and too cheap to turn on the a/c.

MamaSusieQ045
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Snow!
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Dark...lol.

It's 34 and calm out there right now. But it does look like a hurricane threw my kiddos' outdoor toys all over the place.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:11 AM

My home just finished a bathroom remodel so everything that used to be in the bathroom cabinet is in the living room.  Now the kitchen is being done so my microwave is in the dining room.  What a mess.  No photos until it is all done. 

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:23 AM
We are covered in ice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)