Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and lost stuff

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 29 Replies

So far this week my son has misplaced two pairs of gloves. He wears them to school each day because it is really cold right now, but some how he doesn't bring them home. He already lost one other pair earier this year and now lost the other knit pair he had and my heavy gloves that I loaned him. It is getting so frustrating. He is 10 years old and should be able to get a pair of gloves back home at the end of the day. I told him that if he doesn't find the gloves today while at school he will be replacing them with his own money. I will allow him to buy second hand or the cheap gloves from the walmart, but still he will be replacing them.

Do your kids lose their  stuff often and would you make them replace them.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM

My kids are pretty good about not losing anything important, they lose hair ties ALL THE TIME though.

If it were a continuous problem yes I would make them pay for the replacement, if it happened once, no.

momofnatalie
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My one year old is always taking off her socks and throwing them everywhere.  Yesterday, I had my DH hunt the waiting room at the ER because when we got back, she was missing a sock.  Thank goodness we found it.  I have lots of lost socks so at home I just put on the mismatched ones on her. 

dalbax2
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Thats the style now anyways....lol.

Quoting momofnatalie:

My one year old is always taking off her socks and throwing them everywhere.  Yesterday, I had my DH hunt the waiting room at the ER because when we got back, she was missing a sock.  Thank goodness we found it.  I have lots of lost socks so at home I just put on the mismatched ones on her. 

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM

My kids don't lose things very often.  If it happened often, I would definitely make them replace them.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Quoting momofnatalie:

My kids hated socks when they were little

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

My kids are pretty good about not losing anything important, they lose hair ties ALL THE TIME though.

If it were a continuous problem yes I would make them pay for the replacement, if it happened once, no.

I wouldn't make them replace it for losing them once. I understand that it happens. It is just when it is several pairs. He lost most of the pairs from last year too which is why I had to buy him new pairs this year and he has lost them and my pair now. He is wearing a green pair that is mine today. He doesn't like them but they are what we have. My girlsdo pretty good about keeping track of theirs.

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Quoting othermom:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I wouldn't make them replace it for losing them once. I understand that it happens. It is just when it is several pairs. He lost most of the pairs from last year too which is why I had to buy him new pairs this year and he has lost them and my pair now. He is wearing a green pair that is mine today. He doesn't like them but they are what we have. My girlsdo pretty good about keeping track of theirs.

No I understood, I was agreeing with you that he should pay to replace them, and it's precisely what I would do. Except I wouldn't have loaned out my gloves, a day of cold hands will teach him to keep better track of things that keep him comfortable. 

wandep
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Sometimes but we usually find it. Have you checked lost n found at school?
chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM

My dd doesn't really lose things.  But it does happen...heck it happens to me.

we have a rule...I'll buy it the first time (whatever that is), but I'm not paying for a second one to replace it because it got lost or damaged.  So you'd better take good care of your stuff. 

I'm always horrified at the number of "lost" winter coats at dd's indoor soccer field.  It's -10 out there....how did you not notice you didn't have your coat?!?!

Stevensmomma
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM

No not yet I hope he doesn't I would make him check lost n found and the bus 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)