Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what happens when

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 54 Replies

he retires, lol!  Look out ladies because these men can get bored, lol.
He's all thinking we need a new vacuum.
Dh vacuums and then I mop behind him.  We have almost the entire downstairs with huge tiles so we have to vacuum and mop it all. 
I've learned from using our Dyson for the last 9yrs that I have to start on carpet before going to bare floors or it won't pick up anything.  This is just something that I've learned about mine.
He now thinks it's just not working anymore and we need a new one.  He is currently watching a video about the Shark. LOL!!!
Ok he's already had someone come out here for an estimate for a new water heater and to give us an estimate for a water leak.  They were way tooooo expensive.  He has someone coming to install a new water heater because that same plumber told him we need to replace them.  He has someone cheaper coming out to fix the water leak too.

He'd like to get a new microwave/convection cooker.  He'd replace the stove even thought it still works.

My point is that he is obsessed with fixing, researching and replacing things. LOL!!!

I understand that we have a roof leak from all the patching jobs.  We paid professionals to come out to patch the roof but their jobs didn't last much longer than dh's.  I just think it should be 2nd on the list to fix.  Sure the water leak should be number 1 but we have mold growing in the upstairs ceiling from where the roof has been patched.
I'll be sure to tell him what I think the priorities should be tomorrow.
I'm actually not complaining.  I think it's funny that he's in this fix it mode all at once.  I love that he's so helpful around here but I think he's bored even if he doesn't realize it.

Sorry for the long read but a lot has been going down, lol.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol men!! That's pretty funny though about wanting to replace everything!
taKENheart
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Right!!!  LOL!!!!
He's still young just being 44.  His promised job didn't come through so that's why he's home.  He's liking being home though.  I thought I'd strangle him after the first 2 weeks but we've found a rhythm ;)

He's just all up into fixing and replacing things.  He'd be all up on a project that I wanted.  It's a good thing I guess.  I need to stop being lazy.

Quoting jconney80: Lol men!! That's pretty funny though about wanting to replace everything!

KW1280
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey best friend
Since we are down like four flat tires you should have your hubby help my hubby paint. I am close to homicidal working with hubby
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM
My hubby would just sit around complaining...I think its his favorite thing to do :(
taKENheart
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM

laughing Lol I hate painting.  They can do that and we can go and get the tires fixed.  We would be great neighbors, lol!

Quoting KW1280: Hey best friend
Since we are down like four flat tires you should have your hubby help my hubby paint. I am close to homicidal working with hubby

taKENheart
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Aww :( does he work long hours?
I used to be a fixer but now I probably complain more than I used to.

Quoting Wish2Be: My hubby would just sit around complaining...I think its his favorite thing to do :(

KW1280
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I like painting but my husband thinks he is Van Gogh lol uugghh if I hear big "w" little "w" again you my ght have to put money on my books lol. I use to work in a prison lol
We would be great neighbors

Quoting taKENheart:

laughing Lol I hate painting.  They can do that and we can go and get the tires fixed.  We would be great neighbors, lol!

taKENheart
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Lmbo!!!  I hear the "W" method is good but it would drive me nuts since I hate painting.  Actually I just don't like doing the borders.
I think you are so cool!

Quoting KW1280: I like painting but my husband thinks he is Van Gogh lol uugghh if I hear big "w" little "w" again you my ght have to put money on my books lol. I use to work in a prison lol

Quoting taKENheart:

KW1280
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I bought a Wagner spray painter love it. We are decorating K's room so it can be a big boy room

Quoting taKENheart:

Lmbo!!!  I hear the "W" method is good but it would drive me nuts since I hate painting.  Actually I just don't like doing the borders.
I think you are so cool!

Quoting KW1280: I like painting but my husband thinks he is Van Gogh lol uugghh if I hear big "w" little "w" again you my ght have to put money on my books lol. I use to work in a prison lol

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:51 AM

We have a spray painter but I don't know what kind it is.  We actually spray painted with it for ds's furniture so it would last through the teen years but we ended up getting him a new bed.  It worked ;)

Quoting KW1280: I bought a Wagner spray painter love it. We are decorating K's room so it can be a big boy room

Quoting taKENheart:

I think you are so cool!

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)