Tax Time!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM
  • 61 Replies

How do you do your taxes?  Self prepare or take them to a professional?  

writing

And... Are you done with yours yet?

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

We had a professional do ours this year. Next year I'll probably do them. We had ours done on Friday.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I've always done them myself.  Technically, I am a CPA but most of my work was in corporate taxes so I always say I know enough to be dangerous on the personal side lol.  Up until I few yrs ago I just did them by hand but things became a little more complicated so I started using H&R block software. I always print it and review it and then do the state myself.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I'm pretty much done I just need to review it, which probably won't happen for a few more days.

ScrChk23
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM

We did ours with Turbo Tax this year.  We have used H and R block before.  This year we get to claim three of our four kids, plus we got married last year!  Woo Hoo!!!  

ScrChk23
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Hope you got a nice refund!

Quoting OliviaW.:

We had a professional do ours this year. Next year I'll probably do them. We had ours done on Friday.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Ours are easy, just DH's W2 and tax info from the mortgage. He does them and we e-file.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Oh and yes we are done, he did them yesterday.
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM

We did. I hope that we get it a bit faster than 21 days. I did them online through HR Block and then had a prefssional look at them before filing. She told me I did everything right so gh & I figure that I might as well do them next year maybe. 

Quoting ScrChk23:

Hope you got a nice refund!

Quoting OliviaW.:

ScrChk23
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Do you have the refund direct deposited into your bank accout?

Quoting heydooney: Ours are easy, just DH's W2 and tax info from the mortgage. He does them and we e-file.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Yes we do.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Do you have the refund direct deposited into your bank accout?

Quoting heydooney: Ours are easy, just DH's W2 and tax info from the mortgage. He does them and we e-file.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: