mmkay lets say there's a snow storm coming Your way.

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 49 Replies

Do you go to the store ahead of time, or do you laugh at people that do, and if you go, what do you stock up on?

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:01 PM

i always go early. i make sure that we have stuff to eat in case the power goes out, bread, milk,. always have some cash on hand. water, ect. 

ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Laugh but storms are normal here, especailly snow
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I would go ahead of time.Stock up on toilet paper,milk,water,batteries,candles,bread,snacks that odnt have to be refrigerated

LaughCryLive
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM

It's just a normal day for us. 

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:23 PM

In the winter I try to stay stocked up so I don't have to run to the store with all the crowds and panic.  I'm very prepared for power outages but I had to learn my lesson quite a few years ago.  I don't laugh at those that do.  It's not funny when you aren't prepared.  I just hope they learn like I had to and stay prepared in the future.

wandep
by Pam on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Go to the store ahead of time.

Milk, bread, canned goods, bottled water that sorta thing. We have a camping stove so we can always cook if needed. :) We don't have snow storms to worry about but we have hurricanes to worry about. Usually they don't hit us and we just get the rain and the wind from them. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Same on opposite side of the country. ;-)

Quoting ballerina.2006: Laugh but storms are normal here, especailly snow
bether89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM

We had snow heading our way yesterday and I went to the store for basics.  I bought milk, chips, crackers, cheese, and veggies.  We don't get much snow here, so it is a big deal when it comes.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM

did you get a lot?

Quoting bether89:

We had snow heading our way yesterday and I went to the store for basics.  I bought milk, chips, crackers, cheese, and veggies.  We don't get much snow here, so it is a big deal when it comes.

ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM
We've had a hayday here poking fun at dustings closing cities and the like. We don't know what to do with the heat though ;)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Yep. Same on opposite side of the country. ;-)

Quoting ballerina.2006: Laugh but storms are normal here, especailly snow
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: