Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of shopper are you?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 21 Replies

do you do one big shopping trip a month?  do you go weekly?  every few days?  do you think you save more money the way you shop as compared to other ways?

we go about every other week with the occasional trip to get milk & such when we run out.  i was talking to one of my sisters the other day & she said when her boys were home she'd do a big weekly shopping trip & spend lots of money.  now that her sons are gone, even though her granddaughter lives with her, she goes to the store every few days & just gets what she needs for those few days.  she says she actually spends less money shopping that way then she did going weekly.  perhaps i thought, or it just could be that the three of them don't eat nearly as much as her boys. ;o)  one of my friends that moved to ny shops like this also since she has a tiny kitchen & she also swears she spends less than she did when she would do a weekly trip. 

just got me to wondering about others shopping habits.

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I go about once a month and get bulk items that we need at Costco. Then if and when I need anything like milk and such items I'll go. I'll spend about $150-200 at Costco and maybe $20-30 give or take to my local store. 

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM

i go about every ten days and in between to get milk.

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I go about every 2 weeks

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I generally go weekly; Costco is once a month to every 6 weeks. I have heard that you do spend less when you go every few days to get what you want/need.

just.me.
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM

we go every few days.  we don't eat meat, just sometimes chicken.

okiemamaCyndi
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I go weekly - mostly because I use lots&lots&lots of coupons and always need fresh fruit, veggies & milk.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I do one big trip a month & then go as needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM
We go once a week or once every other week to get bread and milk, and other things like that. We stock up every few months with the non-parish able stuff
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I go everyweek.Sometimes twice a week

taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM

I do a big shopping trip once a month, and filler trips maybe once every week or two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)