Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"You're going to have to wait for next weekend"

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 17 Replies
That's what DH told me about Valentine's Day. He is in the middle of 2 solid weeks of working 4pm-4am.
I said, "since when do you do anything for Valentine's Day besides complain?" He said, "well I was going to plan something this year..."

We shall see, I guess. I sure wasn't expecting anything. Last year I actually got mad at him because I wasn't expecting anything, it's just not something we do, and yet he was still posting anti-vday memes on his Facebook page. Sometimes it seems he is so set on being the rebel and going against the grain that he just does it without thinking.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM

my husband does not like valentines day either and I have come to agree. Its simply a day card co's make tons! 

He gives me flowers, cards & chocolates at random & surprises me all year long to show his love instead and I love it that way.

He doesn't like showing his love or spending money just cause the masses are doing it that one day. That might be what your hubby is thinking?

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:42 AM

We dont do anything except get the kids something

childofgod04
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM
We celebrate Valentines Day but we also show our love all year. Valentines Day is usually just chocolate, flowers, and a nice dinner either cooked at home or we go out.
heydooney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:45 AM
That's kind of where we both are, or so I thought. It's fine to not celebrate it but he was acting so persecuted, haha!

Quoting suziejax:

my husband does not like valentines day either and I have come to agree. Its simply a day card co's make tons! 

He gives me flowers, cards & chocolates at random & surprises me all year long to show his love instead and I love it that way.

He doesn't like showing his love or spending money just cause the masses are doing it that one day. That might be what your hubby is thinking?

suziejax
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I c. That is silly!! big smile mini

Quoting heydooney: That's kind of where we both are, or so I thought. It's fine to not celebrate it but he was acting so persecuted, haha!

Quoting suziejax:

heydooney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM
We are very lovey all year too. We're both kind of non-affectionate around other people (like, I don't hug my friends) but together we're still like dating teenagers...

Quoting childofgod04: We celebrate Valentines Day but we also show our love all year. Valentines Day is usually just chocolate, flowers, and a nice dinner either cooked at home or we go out.
suziejax
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM

ooo and by the way the cat in your avatar is the cutest cat I have ever seen in my life! 

childofgod04
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM
We hug our friends and other family members as well. We do enjoy our alone time and rare date nights.

Quoting heydooney: We are very lovey all year too. We're both kind of non-affectionate around other people (like, I don't hug my friends) but together we're still like dating teenagers...

Quoting childofgod04: We celebrate Valentines Day but we also show our love all year. Valentines Day is usually just chocolate, flowers, and a nice dinner either cooked at home or we go out.
heydooney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Thank you! We had to say goodbye to him on Sunday. He had grown quite a bit in the 8 years since that pic, but that's still my favorite one of him.

Quoting suziejax:

ooo and by the way the cat in your avatar is the cutest cat I have ever seen in my life! 

nngmommy83
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM

we don't really do anything big either, I treat the kids instead =) we love each other every day of the year and prefer surprises instead of a holiday telling us we have to do something

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)