Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

valentines dinner

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 61 Replies

so what's on the menu for tonight?

we don't celebrate valentines day but i saw that papa johns is having a heart shaped pizza & there giant chocolate chip cookie for today.  i thought it would be cute to get that for the kids tonight.  something different (they've never had papa johns)

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I have no idea.  usually my husband works Friday nights and he just told me that he's off tonight.  So I have no clue what I'm doing.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM

well that's a nice little surprise.  i'll admit i hate when my husband does that to me.  i'll plan dinner for the kids & i only to find out he's coming home & i typically have nothing for him to eat.  (i'm a vegetarian so when i cook for the kids & myself there tends to be very little meat, hubby however is a carnivore & isn't crazy about veggie meals)

Quoting slw123:

I have no idea.  usually my husband works Friday nights and he just told me that he's off tonight.  So I have no clue what I'm doing.

taKENheart
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM

We already celebrated 2 days ago and went to Red Lobster.  Tonight will just be a regular meal.  As of right now I believe I'm making pork fried rice.

slw123
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM

ha ha, he just texted me to pick up steak

Quoting lizzig:

well that's a nice little surprise.  i'll admit i hate when my husband does that to me.  i'll plan dinner for the kids & i only to find out he's coming home & i typically have nothing for him to eat.  (i'm a vegetarian so when i cook for the kids & myself there tends to be very little meat, hubby however is a carnivore & isn't crazy about veggie meals)

Quoting slw123:

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM

We're going to bake a heart shaped cake in a bit. Mini Pizzas (on crackers) and then chocolate fondue.

kbutton24
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I made a roast in the crock pot and a half cake with chocolate covered heart shaped Strawberries. There's no way we would finish an entire cake :)
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM

i could never have chocolate fondue at my house.  my daughter wouldn't let anyone near it! ;o)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

We're going to bake a heart shaped cake in a bit. Mini Pizzas (on crackers) and then chocolate fondue.

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

We had our Valentine's dinner last night.  We had steaks made on the grill, cooked baby carrots, sauerkraut, and broth.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

lol!  my daughter could!  she eats like a horse when she's pmsing.  thankfully it's not just sweets she craves.  she just can't seem to get enough of any food.

Quoting kbutton24: I made a roast in the crock pot and a half cake with chocolate covered heart shaped Strawberries. There's no way we would finish an entire cake :)

kbutton24
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Lol! Dd is 19 months and hasn't been introduced to sweets yet, so it's just dh and I eating the cake after she goes to bed.

Quoting lizzig:

lol!  my daughter could!  she eats like a horse when she's pmsing.  thankfully it's not just sweets she craves.  she just can't seem to get enough of any food.

Quoting kbutton24: I made a roast in the crock pot and a half cake with chocolate covered heart shaped Strawberries. There's no way we would finish an entire cake :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)