Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It Is Not Something To Have A Party For. Are You Proud Of Were You Were ?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM
  • 20 Replies

I never understud why people have big party's are BBQ'S for people that just got out of jail.To me it is not something too be proud of.

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. I've never been. Maybe if they are able to make it off probation then it is time to celebrate, lol.

AubreyRed
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I have a girl in my Sunday School class who is in 2nd grade and she is counting down the days when her dad gets out... So, I can understand why they would want to celebrate. People are different. I can see both sides... 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Never known anyone to have one

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:20 PM

My DH's cousin served 24 years in San Quentin Prison and his aunt had a party for him.  I never met him but he was so amazed on how the world changed.  He didn't recognize many of his relatives since only his immediate family visited him.  I went with DH because I was curious.  I guess she wanted everyone to see him and say hello. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Nope never heard of that nor never been  ..

KW1280
by Todah on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I heard of it but never went to one.
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM

It might be to welcome them home and to let them know that they forgive them and welcome them home...missed them.  There are so many reasons that I can think of.  It isn't that anybody is proud of it.

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
That makes sense. I've never been to one.

Quoting taKENheart:

It might be to welcome them home and to let them know that they forgive them and welcome them home...missed them.  There are so many reasons that I can think of.  It isn't that anybody is proud of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. Although I have not been to one and hope I don't ever have to experience one. But I'll never say never. You just never know.

Quoting taKENheart:

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Dumb idea imo..well unless falsely accused and its a welcome home one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)