Group Home

How did your DH propose?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 44 Replies

Was it romantic? Or just kind of, you wanna?

in love

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2zbg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:19 AM

not married & never been proposed to either, so here's you a bump!

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I loved it because he involved our son =)

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

He asked if I wanted to look at rings, we picked one out and then when we got it...he got down on TWO knees.  It's an ongoing joke as it seemed like he was begging, and I was fine with that lol

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM

1st time he asked I said No. Only because we were walking back to the car from the grocery store and he was trailing behind me and said " so are we ever going to get married?" (we had been together for almost 2 years at that point ). I aked him " was that your proposal?" and he said "I guess so"....and I said " Then no, because when you propose to me you will be down on one knee with a ring in your hand. I dont care if its an onion ring, but you better do it right." :)

We picked out a ring 5 months later. Then when we went to pick it up...he just handed it to me after he paid for it. I said " nope, when you give it to me you know what you have to do and you will know when the time is right. "

That night while I was on the computer he creeped up behind my chair and called my name. He was down on one knee with the ring in his hand asking me to marry him. :)

deccaf
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM

It was "hey, wanna go get married today?"

I said Yep.

We lived in Vegas, and had already been living together for 5 years.  We had also both been married before.

yourpassion
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh took me to dinner. After I insulted him about being old (he started to gray when he was 16 and he was then 33) he pulled out the ring. Hahaha...poor guy. Really, the insult was a joke.
just.me.
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

He proposed in a park in Long Island by the water.  On his knee.  We've been married almost 23 years.. :)

psych_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Sitting on the porch swing together... he said he would ask me to marry him if he had a ring. I told him he didn't need one so he said "Will you marry me" and I said "yes".

mjmorrison
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM

during a horse drawn carriage ride through central park new york.

mommyinthe303
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM

HAHAHAH Mine fell on the floor or acted like he did popped up (because I was laying on the bed) and had a ring and asked me. It was super funny you would have to be there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie