Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share Your Battles Challenge Day 1: Art & Crafts!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
  • 182 Replies

When your kids are stuck in the house, it's hard to keep them entertained. Today's challenge is to do arts & crafts with materials you already have in your home!

Here are some projects you can do with your kids:

Sock puppets- Do you lose socks in the laundry and end up with lonely socks? Let your kids turn them into sock puppets. They can even put on a puppet show once they finish. All you need are socks, markers or felt, scissors, glue, and optional supplies you have to further decorate it!   

Animal masks- Let your child's imagination run wild and transform an ordinary paper plate into an exotic animal or their favorite pet! Then continue the fun by role playing with their new masks! All you need is a paper plate or piece of paper, paint or markers, glue or tape, scissors, and whatever else you have on hand to add the finishing touches.

Egg carton insects- Grab some markers or paint and let your kids decorate sections of an egg carton to create their favorite insects. All you need for this craft is egg cartons, paint or markers, glue, and other fun craft supplies you have to make these insects come to life.

Let's see pictures of your kids' arts & craft projects! Show us pictures of your kids working on their projects, as well as, the finished product! How often do your kids do art & craft projects? What's the biggest mess your kids have made while doing crafts?

Join Our Share Your Battles Challenge-- Sign Up Here!

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $350 Kmart gift card!

Check out Kmart's Spring Home Sale!

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Cute ideas!!
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My youngest loves to do crafts. I don't have any current pics but he loves drawing, making pom-pom animals with googly eyes, painting and playdoh creations.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd loves doing arts and crafts, but I don't have a lot of pics of her projects.  This is from last summer.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I don't have any pics!  I am usually right in there with her, making the mess!  We do crafts at least a few times a week.  The biggest mess was when she learned to use glue!

jackestler
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

We combine reading and crafts :)
wandep
by Pam on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Those are really cute ideas.

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM

We love crafts i will show a picture when i get to my other pc , I have no pics stored on my ipad

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Great ideas. My girls love to make crafts. They love to paint and color too

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Great ideas. My girls love to do crafts and coloring and drawing

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM

These are great ideas. Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN