Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share Your Battles Challenge Day 1: Art & Crafts!

Posted by   + Show Post

When your kids are stuck in the house, it's hard to keep them entertained. Today's challenge is to do arts & crafts with materials you already have in your home!

Here are some projects you can do with your kids:

Sock puppets- Do you lose socks in the laundry and end up with lonely socks? Let your kids turn them into sock puppets. They can even put on a puppet show once they finish. All you need are socks, markers or felt, scissors, glue, and optional supplies you have to further decorate it!   

Animal masks- Let your child's imagination run wild and transform an ordinary paper plate into an exotic animal or their favorite pet! Then continue the fun by role playing with their new masks! All you need is a paper plate or piece of paper, paint or markers, glue or tape, scissors, and whatever else you have on hand to add the finishing touches.

Egg carton insects- Grab some markers or paint and let your kids decorate sections of an egg carton to create their favorite insects. All you need for this craft is egg cartons, paint or markers, glue, and other fun craft supplies you have to make these insects come to life.

Let's see pictures of your kids' arts & craft projects! Show us pictures of your kids working on their projects, as well as, the finished product! How often do your kids do art & craft projects? What's the biggest mess your kids have made while doing crafts?

Join Our Share Your Battles Challenge-- Sign Up Here!

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $350 Kmart gift card!

Check out Kmart's Spring Home Sale!

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Replies (141-150):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I don't have any craft pictures on my phone right now... But my son also likes to make masks from paper grocery bags. :-) And we keep a lot of perler and pony beads in the house in case we need them.
jackestler
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Thank you!
No we use real fruit it was our snack ;)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I love this idea! Did you make any fruit for the caterpillar, too? Very fun and clever. :-)

Quoting jackestler:

Mobile Photo

We combine reading and crafts :)
goddess99
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:12 PM

The animal mask is cute. My dd follows a crafter on youtube and we made a horse stable. She want's to make a tree house, that's a little advanced for us but we'll give it a try. I should add the horse stable and tree house are for dolls like Monster High or Barbie size.

kgalvano
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM

these are some good ideas. we have done some paint on hands and feet to make different things.

lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Mobile Photo

We color every day. Last big art project was valentine's day. My kids really only ever make a mess with play dough

This is my son's valentine box he made
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Ok, that's even better. I wish my son was still this age, how fun!!

Quoting jackestler: Thank you!
No we use real fruit it was our snack ;)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I love this idea! Did you make any fruit for the caterpillar, too? Very fun and clever. :-)

Quoting jackestler:

Mobile Photo

We combine reading and crafts :)
bether89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM

bether89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Ds made the snowflake ornament using pipe cleaners and Borax.

aztecqueen22
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Dont have anything to make those lol. We used to do crafts but since we started packing to move then moved then still unpacking, we havent done anything.
TXHulaMama
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM

My DD loves to do arts and crafts. Everytime I ask her if she wants to do "arts" she comes screaming "YAY!!!!" It's amazing the little things that make toddlers happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN