Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids chores

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM
  • 34 Replies

Do your kids help you in the kitchen or around the house? What chores do they do and how old are they? Do they have certain things they do each day or just when you ask them occasionally to help out?

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Right now they mostly keep their toys cleaned up
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM

my 10 yr old unloads the dishwasher & puts up the dishes.  she also puts up her laundry & the towels in her bathroom.  she helps her younger brother put up his laundry.  on occasion she does fold her own laundry.

my 6yr old will put up what laundry of his he can.  he'll help me put clothes in the washer & dryer.  he likes to vacuum so he'll do that on occasion & helps empty the trash cans in the bedrooms & bathrooms.

both kids also change the sheets on their beds, my son with the help of big sis.  they are also responsible for picking up & putting away all their toys, books, etc.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
My 2yo cleans up his toys, puts his dirty dishes up after meals, wipes his tray down, helps me vacuum (with his little vacuum picking up food crumbs on the floor)

My 8yo is responsible for her room, the bathroom once a week, setting and clearing the table (or at least helping), putting her clothes away, etc.
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My 4 yr old likes to help put away the forks and spoons when I unload the dishwasher.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM

They help out when I ask them too. They clean up, clean the sink in the bathroom, sweep, fold clothes etc.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM

My 10 yo doesnt have a set chore except for his room but he probably does more then his older brother and sister. He's always with me and will do whatever I ask.  "Hey Trev, go grab all the laundry and start a load." "Hey Trev can you help me unload the dishwasher?" Hey Trev wanna help me with dinner?"

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Yes.They help feed the animals,take out trash,laundry

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I make my son clean up after himself.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
My 10 year old has set chores that she does every day. They include keeping her room clean and organized, sweeping the kitchen, putting laundry away, cleaning the bathroom, and vacuuming the family room. She also does extra things and is required to pick up after herself throughout the day.

My 4 year old has to clean up his toys. He puts his dirty clothes away, dirty dishes, and cleans up his bath toys at night. He helps do other chores too.

My 2 year old does everything my 4 year old does and helps me with lots of other chores.

They all are expected to clean up after themselves throughout the day
harmony7
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:23 AM

My 20 year old college kid that lives here keeps the house straightened up and cleans the kitchen and is in charge of the compost pile

18 year old runs the younger boys to and from activities as needed, helps with the animals and does the ironing.

15 and 13 year old let dogs out in the morning and feed the horses and the chickens and turkeys. They also keep the livestock watered. At night they pick up eggs and feed the dogs.

All of them are expected to make up their beds, keep their things picked up and their dishes in the dish washer.

Weekends they all help with yard chores. They all take turn vacuming Each day and we all work together once a week to clean the house up (bathrooms etc)

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)