Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids help you in the kitchen or around the house? What chores do they do and how old are they? Do they have certain things they do each day or just when you ask them occasionally to help out?

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Replies (31-34):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree and I don't go after them if it's not perfect.  My mom did that and it always made me feel not good enough.

Quoting SweetLuci:

It's easiest to get them to help when they're little, then they won't complain as much when they're older, I think.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Clean rooms (7 and 4), clean sink in bathroom (7), baseboards and door knobs (either), sweeping (7) and various other things.  Right now they love to help.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Mine clean their room, put their dirty clothes away, and then put their clean ones away. They have to make sure their toys, shoes, and whatever else are all put away.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Yes they do. My older two do dishes once a week usually and swep the bathrooms. They all help take out the little garbages and help bring in firewood. They put their clothes in the dirty clothes and their clean clothes away, they pick up after themselves, they some times help with cooking and stuff,

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I am the same way. My mom never really showed me how to do anything, or worked along side me, just told me to go figure it out, and then was always critical. I tried to always be encouraging of what they did, and they always worked harder it seemed and would come smiling and say I was going to be proud of them for doing such a good job, so I always praised them. If they did a sloppy job, I just ignored it or said something like, I guess you were in a hurry, but you'll do a better job next time, and smile. They would usually run back to straighten things up better.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I agree and I don't go after them if it's not perfect.  My mom did that and it always made me feel not good enough.

Quoting SweetLuci:

It's easiest to get them to help when they're little, then they won't complain as much when they're older, I think.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Clean rooms (7 and 4), clean sink in bathroom (7), baseboards and door knobs (either), sweeping (7) and various other things.  Right now they love to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)