Group Home

I made this for dinner last night and all three of my kids liked it...

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM
  • 36 Replies

And I have a very picky eater.

Ingredients

Nonstick cooking spray
pounds chicken thighs, skinned
envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
cups quartered fresh mushrooms
1 1/2
cups frozen small whole onions
medium carrots, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
1/2
cup dry red wine

Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)

Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions
  1. Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown. Drain off fat.
  2. Place chicken thighs in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry soup mix. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Pour wine over all.
  3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Coq au Vin)
  • 320 kcal cal.;
  • 8 g Fat, total;
  • 161 mg chol.;
  • 2 g sat. fat;
  • 15 g carb.;
  • 2 g fiber;
  • 42 g pro.;
  • 782 mg sodium;
  • 8 mg vit. C;
  • 0 mg Thiamin;
  • 97 IU vit. A;
  • 3 mg iron
  • Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Oooh I've always wanted to make that.  I just might have to make that tomorrow!  I have everything but the mushrooms.
TFS!  I was about to have to look up a chicken recipe for tomorrow and this is perfect.  You saved me some time ;)

psych_mom
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM

You're very welcome :) I added a little more of the beefy onion mix and a little more wine. I was asked to make it again.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oooh I've always wanted to make that.  I just might have to make that tomorrow!  I have everything but the mushrooms.
TFS!  I was about to have to look up a chicken recipe for tomorrow and this is perfect.  You saved me some time ;)

wandep
by Pam on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM

My kids are picky. They hate their foods together. :( Wouldn't like the mushrooms or the potatoes. LOL Looks good tho!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Looks good,May have to make this one day

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Sounds interesting I bet it's good

psych_mom
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You make the potatoes separately. Or you could make a different side and leave the mushrooms out.

Quoting wandep:

My kids are picky. They hate their foods together. :( Wouldn't like the mushrooms or the potatoes. LOL Looks good tho!

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I don't usually get excited about chicken but this one sounds simple but delicious! I bet it's going to be yummy!  Got my crock pot pulled out and my chicken thawing in the fridge now.    :)
bouncing

Quoting psych_mom:

You're very welcome :) I added a little more of the beefy onion mix and a little more wine. I was asked to make it again.

Quoting taKENheart:

psych_mom
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It inspired me to go grocery shopping, lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't usually get excited about chicken but this one sounds simple but delicious! I bet it's going to be yummy!  Got my crock pot pulled out and my chicken thawing in the fridge now.    :)
bouncing

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting taKENheart:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Though this isn't really classic Coq au Vin, it does sound good. My family likes chicken thighs and would probably like this. Glad your family liked it.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM
My dh would love this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80