Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with migraines?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 14 Replies

How do you do it?

I've had migraines my whole life, and unfortunately they didn't go away after the baby came. I'm lucky enough to have a hubby with a flexible job and parents and in laws close by, but still it's pretty hard when I'm getting them more often now. I'm a SAHM and I hate having to take care of my baby girl while I'm out of it on meds or in tons of pain.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I don't have them sorry :( 

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I don't get them as often as I used to but when I do those are the days where we relax and watch movies. As much as I don't like doing it, I have to relax somehow.

Wish2Be
A mommy to the best little boy in the world !
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
by Michelle on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Its very hard...
othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I get really bad head aches about once or twice a month and just try to take it easy on those days

northernmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM
I have to suck it up and work through it. My work schedule doesn't allow for me to stay home and relax when I get one but my customers are very understanding. By the time I get home I'll get something simple together for dinner and go lay down dh is really good about helping me out. I don't take my meds unless dh is home because they knock me out and I need to stay available if the kids need something.
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I just suck it up and deal with it. I don't have the luxury of being out of commission. My husband can't just drop everything and leave work, if I get a migraine (I had one yesterday) he'll cook dinner, and let me lay on the couch like a slug once he gets home, but until he gets home I just have to deal with it.

I take medicine, and hope it kicks in quickly.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I have had them since i was about 7 or 8.  I know how you feel.  But, I know how the medicine affects me and I will not take it if I am home alone with DD.  I am unable to drive, I get very fuzzy overall and don't feel safe caring for her when I am incapacitated like that.  I will wait until DH is home to take medicine.  I truly "suffer through it" until someone can be there with us. 

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Cinnamon helps them 

wandep
by Pam on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I have very sever headaches and barometric pressure headaches. When I found out I had to go gluten and dairy free that has helped some. I don't hardly ever get headaches anymore. I still get a few of the barometric pressure headaches but nothing can get rid of those I just don't get them as much as I did. 

amyjane22
by Amy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I used to have them all the time. Then I was diagnosed with pseudo tumor cerebri and after having the spinal tap to take off my excess spinal fluid, I've been fine.  I only have migraines every few months now. Before the spinal tap, I was so disorganized & my house was a disaster 90% of the time. I'm so thankful I had successful treatment for mine.  

I hope you're able to get relief! I know it can be so rough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)