Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, you will not believe what I did this morning!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 97 Replies
1 mom liked this

Made a 12 cup pot off coffee, started it, went into the living room to watch the news.  Went back into the kitchen a short time later, had forgotten to put the pot under the coffee maker!! Coffee everywhere. Ugh. All over the counters, cabinets, floor.   Guess who now has the cleanest kitchen in town this morning.

What is your biggest kitchen disaster?

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh you poor woman, I am so sorry.  I have done this with 1 cup with my Keurig, I can't imagine with 12 cups.  I would have probably been in tears over my stupidity.  Not a nice way to start the day.  Good thing it wasn't a work day, or at least I hope not.

candycrush
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:01 AM

No, luckily not  a work day and DH was kind enough to help me with the cleaning.  Only slightly gave me a hard time about it. ;o)

Quoting bhow:

Oh you poor woman, I am so sorry.  I have done this with 1 cup with my Keurig, I can't imagine with 12 cups.  I would have probably been in tears over my stupidity.  Not a nice way to start the day.  Good thing it wasn't a work day, or at least I hope not.

bhow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM

That was pretty good of him, IDK that mine would.  He would be too busy harassing me and would not let me forget it for a long time to come.  He hasn't been here when I did it.

Quoting candycrush:

No, luckily not  a work day and DH was kind enough to help me with the cleaning.  Only slightly gave me a hard time about it. ;o)

Quoting bhow:

How2Be

foodie.at.heart
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM

One time I laid a cranberry juice bottle down in the fridge but the cap wasn't on tight. Leaked out in the fridge. What a mess

Quoting bhow:

That was pretty good of him, IDK that mine would.  He would be too busy harassing me and would not let me forget it for a long time to come.  He hasn't been here when I did it.

Quoting candycrush:

Quoting bhow:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:21 AM
I bought two bags of frozen veggies, went home and opened one of them. I put the open one in the deep freezer and left the closed one out. DH put the closed bag in the regular freezer and I didn't notice the huge mess of frozen veggies stuck to everything for two days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Oh that sucks! Nothing like a big mess before you've had coffee:-(. I've put the filter in but forgot to put the coffee in it before. When to get coffee and thought 'wtf is it clear?!?'
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM

been there, done that mama!  my coffee maker has a thermal carafe instead of the standard glass pot.  if the lid isn't on just right the coffee will go everywhere.  i've done it twice & i've had the coffee maker for over a year.  you think i would have learned by now to make sure the lid's on good!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I turned on the wrong burner and almost started a fire

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I have done that before, thought I was the only one, lol.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM
That sucks!
It's been awhile since I have had a disaster, cannot remember the last one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)