Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That doesn't go there

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM
  • 32 Replies

I was talking with a friend in another state about food. Sometimes where you live has different rules for what goes where.

So where you live what goes in your freezer, fridge, and pantry that doesn't normally go there?

I live in Idaho.

Here I put my flour, rice, and sugar in the freezer because they are prone to bugs if left in the pantry.

Peanut butter goes in the fridge to keep it from going bad fast.

Tortillas go in the fridge as well to keep them fresh.

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting. I'm in MD. For us, flour, rice, and sugar are kept in the pantry in air tight containers. Peanut butter goes in the pantry. Tortillas are in the fridge. 

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am in PA and we do the same!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Interesting. I'm in MD. For us, flour, rice, and sugar are kept in the pantry in air tight containers. Peanut butter goes in the pantry. Tortillas are in the fridge. 

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I grew up in Havelock, NC part time with my father and we did the same with our food. It wasn't until I moved up to the Northwest that I noticed people did things differently with their food. My husband and I got into an argument when we first moved in together about where the peanut butter belonged. After a month I noticed in Idaho the peanut butter does go bad in the pantry fast.

No matter if we keep things in air tight containers I noticed that bugs were still getting in the food. I once opened up my daughters formula to find earwigs in the powder.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Quoting sunshinepraying:

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely do it like you if I found earwigs in anything lol. This is the first time I heard about putting peanut butter in the fridge!

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

I grew up in Havelock, NC part time with my father and we did the same with our food. It wasn't until I moved up to the Northwest that I noticed people did things differently with their food. My husband and I got into an argument when we first moved in together about where the peanut butter belonged. After a month I noticed in Idaho the peanut butter does go bad in the pantry fast.

No matter if we keep things in air tight containers I noticed that bugs were still getting in the food. I once opened up my daughters formula to find earwigs in the powder.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Peanut butter goes in the pantry, flour goes in the cabinet in a bag/container as well as rice.
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of anything unless you count sesame oil in the fridge.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:01 PM

NONE of that gos in the fridge or freezer here.. I am in Delaware. 

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I would probably keep them in the fridge if we ever had any left when were done with them.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Quoting sunshinepraying:

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Im in fl.I put cereal,rice and peanut butter and sugars in the fridge

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I buy a large number of tortilla's because my husband is Hispanic. We tend to cook a lot with tortillas so I buy them in bulk to last two weeks or more.

Quoting Leelee1008:

I would probably keep them in the fridge if we ever had any left when were done with them.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN