Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottomless pits

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM
  • 39 Replies

Do you have one?

I do and he is my son. He is super skinny and very active. But when we go to the doctor's office she tells me he is heavy for his age and he has to lose weight. I pick up his shirt and proceed to give her a "wtf" look and ask WHERE. She takes one look at him and notices he is all muscle for an 8 year old. Then nods in agreement with me that he is perfectly fine.

This boy can eat! I have to buy a lot of food because he is constantly hungry. He snacks throughout the day on healthy things like fruit and vegetables. During a growth spurt I took him to an all you can eat restaurant and watched him polish off three full plates of food. This boy is playing football this year and the coach just smiled and said, "This boy is solid!" He isn't fat he is just solid.

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

yup both of my girls are and one of them is picky so i run out of things to feed her!

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband!
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I have three kids that eat as if there is no tomorrow, but you would think they try to live off air when you look at them.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My 15 month is one. She acts like she doesn't eat at daycare when she gets home she screams until dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't have one of those.
Lol I think "Where" was a good question.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have three boys and it seems like they have breakfast and then second breakfast. DH calls them hobbits. They are always asking for food.

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is like that too and he is 10 years old. LOL

Looneyfarmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM

This is exactly it! LOL I gave birth to a hobbit.

Quoting heydooney:

I have three boys and it seems like they have breakfast and then second breakfast. DH calls them hobbits. They are always asking for food.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM

nope dont have one

i guess maybe for his height that his weight might have seemed like a lot to her...without her lifting his shirt.

Looneyfarmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM

This doctor likes to just go by what her charts suggest rather than trusting her eyes. I have thought about switching doctors and my husband agrees. My son is so skinny hat he can't even puff his stomach out to make the "chubby" tummy. The only reason I lifted his shirt was because she wasn't looking at him at all. She was looking at her papers. This was just me saying, "Hey! Look up!" She kept arguing with me, "but his chart says..." You should have seen her eyes bug out. She went over there and started looking at his waist and asked his clothing size then started going through his paperwork again confused.

Quoting aneela:

nope dont have one

i guess maybe for his height that his weight might have seemed like a lot to her...without her lifting his shirt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)