Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It takes a WEEK??? (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM
  • 67 Replies

to install new ac/heating units? Really?  They start Thursday so that means no more sleeping in, lol.  They wanted to start tomorrow but we'll be gone and the secretary said that people leave them to do the work while they go to work.  Seriously?  You just leave a crew alone in your home?  No way!  Would you leave a crew alone in your home for a week?

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I should say that they have to cut into our ceiling to get out an old heating unit and have someone come to fix what they destroy.  Also 2days per unit is the estimated time so I'm not talking 7 days but possibly 5 days if they run into issues.
STILL!!!  Wow, that seems like a long time.

Looneyfarmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Nuh uh! Besides the AC unit is outside my window and the heating unit is in the garage.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM

LOL!
Ours isn't set up that way so I have no choice but I do have a choice in not leaving the crew alone in my home for all of those days. 

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Nuh uh! Besides the AC unit is outside my window and the heating unit is in the garage.

Looneyfarmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I don't blame you one bit!

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL!Ours isn't set up that way so I have no choice but I do have a choice in not leaving the crew alone in my home for all of those days. 

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

just.me.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM

That sounds about right considering they are not just replacing a unit outside your house.  I don't leave workers in my home, but then I don't work outside the home.  In fact, I usually watch and learn a lot.  A lot of times my dad comes over (assuming he can't fix it), so I'm not alone.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:46 AM
I don't know where you live but in South FL it's done in the same day and takes only hours.
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I wouldn't leave them in my home alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I trust no one in my home!!
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No way would I leave them alone

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Are you having more than one unit installed? I would imagine it takes some time to do all the duct work but a week does sound like a long time.

When we had our basement remodeled they were here over a month and I was here 99% of the time. I would leave them here when I had to get my son from school or if I had to go grocery shopping. In my case, we had work done by this company before and I totally trusted the guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)