Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over charged

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 34 Replies

Have you ever been over charged for something at the grocery store?  Today when we went to get some gorceries at Wal-mart the bill seemed to jump really high really fast. My husband said something but the cashier didn't do anything so once we were done checking out we checked the recipet and it turned out that she entered the number of oranges we bought wrong. She charged us $28.80 for 4 oranges!  We pointed it out to her and she got it corrected it took a few minutes for her to get it right. We got our money back that she over charged. But it was frustrating, and  kind of annoying that she didn't listen to my husband when he commented about it right after it happened

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM

It hasn't happened recently, I watch like a hawk while my stuff is getting rung up.

Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM

thats why i always check my receipt! i hate it when that happens cause we usually have to go to costumer service and that takes forever

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I am glad you were able to get your money back. I've been overcharged before. Not fun. I try to keep a close eye on the prices to make sure nothing is off.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I have.I just go to customer service and they take care of it

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Sometimes we figure it out but sometimes we get all the way home before we do (only because we scan all purchases for Nielsen).  I've never been over charged the amount you were though.

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM

That sucks :(

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Today :/ the salsa I bought was bogo but both rang full price. I was in a rush home from dd eye apt to get ds to school so I didn't see til I was home and the store is an hour away so I am sol I guess
lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM
I do that too! Dh thinks I am crazy but I am six months in and really want that tablet at the end of year lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Sometimes we figure it out but sometimes we get all the way home before we do (only because we scan all purchases for Nielsen).  I've never been over charged the amount you were though.

alf2651
by Amanda on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Me too. 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

It hasn't happened recently, I watch like a hawk while my stuff is getting rung up.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Cool!  I don't think it's crazy.  It's kind of fun to me.  How many points for the tablet?  I haven't hardly looked at the rewards page.  I have over 31,000 points.

Quoting lasombrs: I do that too! Dh thinks I am crazy but I am six months in and really want that tablet at the end of year lol
Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)