Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My pride is taking a hit...

Posted by   + Show Post
So I noticed the other day that I have some pretty serious forehead wrinkles... At only 31! I'd been feeling pretty pleased about no gray hairs, so maybe this is what I get instead. That will teach me to be vain about my appearance, I guess! :-)

Do you do anything to help prevent wrinkles, or do you wear your wrinkles with pride?
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Replies (51-57):
MonarchMom22
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Sun screen on face, neck and hands.  Every day, 365 days a year.  never without it.  very few wrinkles, great skin.  I don't worry about the grey hair - for me it looks fine. 

mikesmom65270
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I have bangs, if that tells you anything!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

This made me LOL... When the dentist told me I needed to stop grinding my teeth, I feel like I started doing it more just because I was aware of it! Now that I've noticed the wrinkles, I've been trying to stop scrunching my forehead and I just do it ALL THE TIME. Clearly, I'm terrible with self control when it comes to my stress habits. :(

Quoting mikesmom65270:

Bangs will hide them.  Also, try not to scrunch up your forehead as that makes them worse.  

Looneyfarmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Pride, my husband tells me that wrinkles are a sign of a happy life. Those without don't really smile much. He makes me giggle. It isn't true but it makes me feel better. It also helps my ego that my husband still watches my body at 32 and lusts for me. He just says, "Wow, you are so sexy."

slw123
by Shawna on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I don't have any major wrinkles, but I have super oily skin =(  They say people with oily skin don't develop wrinkles as often (yaay oily skin).

momma-flynn
by Greta on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Moisturizer & sunscreen daily
fraujones
by Amanda on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I wouldn't say I wear my wrinkles with pride, but I don't use much to treat them. Probably should!
mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

personally I love the Olay line. I'm a LOT older than you (lol) but they have products for any age.After cleansing I apply the eye cream and regenerist face cream before any makeup and at night cleanse and apply the night cream. Loreal also has a great line to choose from. I never burnt either but the beautiful dark tan I got has also taken a toll as far as the aging goes. All of these products carry a line with sunscreen so you'll have a lot to choose from.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Yeah... That's always been me. I don't usually sunburn, so I have been pretty careless with things like sunscreen over the years. And I LOVE to be outside in the summer. What is your regimen? Maybe I should start doing something now, before it gets any worse!

Quoting mamamiajk:

I have a skin care regimen but I wish I had started a LONG time ago. I was a sun worshiper and that alone plays hell with the aging process.

ittybit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)