- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box (3 oz) wafer ice cream cones
- 2 cans (16 oz each) white frosting
- 1 1/2 cups assorted jelly beans or M&M's
- 1 pkg Wilton small candy eyeballs
- 24 small round pink candy beads (check Michaels or stores where baking supplies are sold)
- 24 marshmallows
- Pink sparkling sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees . Prepare cake mix with eggs, oil and 1 cup
water as per package directions. Transfer to a large resealable plastic
Coat 2 mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each cup
almost to top. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes. Remove cakes
from pan, re-coat, re-fill and bake a second batch. Cool cakes.
Trim cakes level. Transfer frosting to a large pastry bag. Snip tip to
create a 1/4-inch opening. Pour 1 tbsp jelly beans or M&Ms into
bottom of each cone (see Note). Place 1 cake into an ice cream cone,
pressing lightly to fit. Squeeze a little frosting onto cake in cone and
place another cake, trimmed side down, into cone. Repeat with all jelly
beans or M&Ms, cakes and cones.
- 4. Pipe or spread frosting onto cakes to cover. Add eyes and pink beads for noses.
- 5. Cut marshmallows in half diagonally and dip cut edges into sparkling sugar. Press into bunnies (to resemble ears).
- 6. Note: The candies in the bottom of each cone are not just for fun; they help keep the bunnies from tipping over
on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM