Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twitter?????

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 37 Replies
Does anyone use it? I've signed up but I don't get it. It seems like a lot of people use it to chime in on interests to weigh their opinions. But I don't understand it.
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I dont

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I use it occasionally.

Here is a picture of Social Media Explained

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I only use it for my businesses

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I don't use it I see no point 

fraujones
by Amanda on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I have an account, but I rarely use it.
anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I love it. It's kinda like just statuses from FB. I think it's fun to follow celebrities.
yourpassion
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I want to do. The shows I like, a few celebrities, etc. I'm not understanding the hashtags vs the @ or both. 

Quoting anotherandree: I love it. It's kinda like just statuses from FB. I think it's fun to follow celebrities.

anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Lol! Totally understand!

The @ is when you want to directly tag someone. They will get a notification that they have been tagged in your tweet and, in most cases, your tweet will also show up on their page.

The # is kinda like tagging an idea. The most "tagged" idea are what is trending, which you can see off to the left side. Further, you can also search for "tagged ideas" to see what others are saying. For example, when the show Revolution first started people were tagging the show with the @ symbol, but also tagging it with the #. So I looked up what others were saying about #Revolution. People also use the # to sometimes sum up their tweet, and they can be hilarious!

Quoting yourpassion:

Yeah, that's what I want to do. The shows I like, a few celebrities, etc. I'm not understanding the hashtags vs the @ or both. 

Quoting anotherandree: I love it. It's kinda like just statuses from FB. I think it's fun to follow celebrities.

yourpassion
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM

THANK YOU!  I didn't realize people made up their own hashtags. Hahaha...

Quoting anotherandree: Lol! Totally understand! The @ is when you want to directly tag someone. They will get a notification that they have been tagged in your tweet and, in most cases, your tweet will also show up on their page. The # is kinda like tagging an idea. The most "tagged" idea are what is trending, which you can see off to the left side. Further, you can also search for "tagged ideas" to see what others are saying. For example, when the show Revolution first started people were tagging the show with the @ symbol, but also tagging it with the #. So I looked up what others were saying about #Revolution. People also use the # to sometimes sum up their tweet, and they can be hilarious!
Quoting yourpassion:

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM

nope never used it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)