Group Home

Can't believe it worked!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

My son came home from kindergarten on Friday with his clothing covered in tempera paint... Usually they wear smocks to art class, so I'm not sure what happened. Since it was school spirit day, he had been wearing a favorite sweatshirt with the logo of the local basketball team.

I told him that I was pretty sure the paint wasn't coming out, and we'd all resigned ourselves to the fate of his sweatshirt. But I soaked it in a pretty strong Oxy Clean solution this morning, rinsed, and then poured detergent directly onto the paint stains. Guess what is now hanging on the clothes drying rack, completely paint free??

I've always been skeptical of products like Oxy, but I have never had any luck with tempera paint stains in the past. That's why we usually send older clothes to art class, but what can you do when it's spirit day? So happy to be the laundry hero today! :)

drowning in laundry

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:57 PM

That's awesome!  Glad it came out. 

psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Glad it came out!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

It's the little things sometimes... :)

Quoting taKENheart:

That's awesome!  Glad it came out. 

Juniper53098
by June on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM

YAY!!!

djg0622
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Does it work on dirt/oil stains?
lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I buy oxy everything lol! It has always saved me from any kind offseason before :) we even wash our walls with it when we move and it makes them look brand new.
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Good!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I've had some luck with dirt, especially the end-of-season winter coat stains.

For oil, I've never tried it. I actually soak up the oil with baking soda and then rub in Dawn dish soap. That usually takes care of oil for me. :)

Quoting djg0622: Does it work on dirt/oil stains?

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Oh, that's a good idea! My white walls could all stand a good washing, and it's not a new place for us... We're just coming up on three years of dirty hands and lots of fun. Just dissolve it in warm water and then wash?

Quoting lasombrs: I buy oxy everything lol! It has always saved me from any kind offseason before :) we even wash our walls with it when we move and it makes them look brand new.

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Yeah sticky hand prints and the random black smudges everywhere ugh I hate that!

Yup I just dissolve the powder in water and scrub with a sponge. I even use the dollar store brand and it works wonders :)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Oh, that's a good idea! My white walls could all stand a good washing, and it's not a new place for us... We're just coming up on three years of dirty hands and lots of fun. Just dissolve it in warm water and then wash?

Quoting lasombrs: I buy oxy everything lol! It has always saved me from any kind offseason before :) we even wash our walls with it when we move and it makes them look brand new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690